Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sometimes life gives you lemons......

and you need to know if you can make do with the lemonade...

Sometimes things go "sour" in our lives and not the way that we have planned out. Sometimes when focusing and paying alot of attention to this problem, we sometimes bypass the solution. I really have told everyone to try and remain positive, hopeful and estatic. When things are stressful and you end up worrying/focusing on the stress, sometimes it will just seem to be overwhelming. Its when you take a step back and refocus, and try to find the positive aspect, the good that can come out of something, that things will have a way of working out. Its not always difficult to concieve a child, but sometimes peoples journeys to get there are harder than others. Its what you make of your journey that counts.

Here is a storey to inspire, for those of you who perhaps are having a bit of trouble trying to concieve. A client of mine wants to share this with you all.

My Story:

Where do I even begin? I moved in with my boyfriend at the time (Husband now) back in December 2001. We had become engaged during the Christmas holiday. A few months into living with him, we found out I was pregnant. My period wasn’t that late, but I truly wanted a child and so did he! I made him grab a HPT on his way home from work. Low and behold there were 2 lines! That week we decided it was time to just get married. We both wanted the same things and really loved each other. Sadly a week after finding out, I woke up one morning bleeding. I was so upset and immediately went to the doctor. With in a week I was married and mourning over my miscarriage. It did not keep me from trying again. I remained positive! As time went on I lost another and another… most of these miscarriages happened early, before 6weeks. I went to my doctor but nothing. I was in my early 20’s and they told me I was young. I have plenty of time. I was angry, and hurt. How could they not help me? Needless to say, after having more miscarriages than any woman should go through. I realized I had PCOS. Upset by the realization, and that it wasn’t a doctor who diagnosed me. I found out my younger sister was had it, and that we shared the same signs and symptoms. I again tried to get someone to listen, and of course my concerns were ignored. I finally just gave up. I realized that having my own child wasn’t happening. Life moved forward, and my marriage through all of this stayed strong! He was there for me, and made it very clear that regardless if we have a child or not he was there for me no matter what! It made a huge difference. I still felt broken and like a failure. But I was determined to enjoy my marriage. Spend time with my husband and focus on what I did have! Apparently that was the key. I found out in July of this year that I was Pregnant. Scared to death I tried not to focus on my past experiences. It wasn’t easy either. I am 12 weeks now and things seem fine. I have had a few scares, but the baby is hanging out and growing. I am due in March 2009, and the following month I will celebrate 7 years of marriage. Except this time we will have a little one with us to share that day with!
L.

So everyone wish her luck on this exciting journey and keep her little one in your thoughts. Hopefully when the baby is born she can share a picture of her little miracle:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sounds like you have a very sticky bean who plans on staying put...until delivery day :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Krystal

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!From another who knows what it feels like to have multiple miscarriages you are an inspiration! I wish you all the very best!
Suzi xo