Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Open Blog Night - FAQ About Giving a Reading


I know that some of you are interested in doing readings for others, or even opening up your own gifts your yourself and loved ones. I have located this information online and thought others might be interested in reading it as well. I did not write this, but do agree with what is written:)
If you have any questions about what this is about, please leave a message in the comments section and I will do my best to answer them for you:)



Q: Why can't I read for myself?
A: Some people can read their own time lines, most cannot. You will be influences by your own emotional needs.

Q: How many times can I ask the same question?
A: The first answer received is correct
Q: Is there a particular way to place the cards that is best?
A: After a while you will find a way that is comfortable for you. With Tarot most prefer the Celtic Cross.
Q: How seriously should I take my readings?
A: You bring forth information. There is still free will. The person will decide what to do with the information after you present it. Being a psychic reader is truly a major responsibility as you are helping souls find / shape their destines. This is not to be taken lightly.
Q: Does being a psychic reader make me spiritual?
A: No! I have found that the way you live your life makes you spiritual. Many people who are spiritual never read for others. I have found that all spiritual people are psychic- but all psychic people are not spiritual. They just seek answers. There is no right or wrong.

Q: If I get a feeling of death or serious illness around someone when reading them, should i say anything?
A: If you are a beginner, NO! Do not get into very heavy issues.
Q: Are time frames accurate?
A: Mostly they are general. As spirit does live in space / time they usually will not give exact dates. When they say "soon", they can mean in five years.
Q: How should I know when and how much to charge?
A: There is no set fee. Some people read for free. It is OK to charge though. Start low and the right price will find you. Spirit will guide you. Many people who love your reading will tip. When I start to get tips after each reading, I know that spirit is tell me that it is time to raise my prices.

Q: What happens if the time passes and my predictions never comes true?
A: "Free Will" could have altered the time lines. Other situations and people could have altered it. Don't take it personally. There are many factors at play now in the universe.

Q: What should I say someone asks me to use my psychic gifts to change their destiny?
A: Say NO, bad karma for all concerned.

Q: Can I change my set of Tarot cards from one brand to another?
A: Work with whatever feels comfortable

Q: Can I create my own oracle of divination?
A: Of course. Many people do.

Q: Can other people listen to the reading I give?
A: That is between you and the client. I do all readings in private. I do not like the influential energies of others in the room.

Q: Will the quality of my readings improve?
A: Yes! As you open up more you will become more clairvoyant and clairaudient to a point where you only use the cards because people think they are a necessary part of the reading.
Q: Will I get weird sensations related to the reading - chills, flushes, pressures in chakras?
A: Some people do, the sensitives. Others don't!

Q: Can I read someone while talking to them on the phone? In a chat room? Email?
A: Yes. You are taping into their frequency! Go for it!

Q: If I read by phone should I get paid first?
A: Always.
Q: In person?
A: Whatever feels comfortable. I wait until we are finished.


Q: Can anyone learn to read?
A: Yes

Q: Would you suggest people try?
A: If they are balanced, yes. If they are emotionally trouble that will reflect in their readings.

Q: What if the answers are not what the person wants to hear?
A: State them anyway. The person will then walk away feeling that you are inept. So what! No ego stuff here! And no arguing! If the person is unbalanced, don't read them. You do not have the skills nor experience to know what to do. They will make you feel inferior so you will question your talents. Don't let a dysfunctional person do that to you.

Q: Can I read better for some people than others?
A: Some people build walls either because they want to challenge you or out of fear as they have deep secrets. If you feel they are too blocked for you, just stop. When I get into this situation, I see the walls, I knock the walls down psychically then read. I also tell the person what I have done. You can also tell the person that you are there to help them not challenge them. Therefore they should shape up or leave!

Q: Do I read better, more clearly, on some days than others?
A: Yes. It depends on the factors in your life.

Q: Is it easier to read some people better than others?
A: Yes. Some people you may not be able to read at all. It is all about tuning your frequency in with theirs, like tuning into a TV or radio. Some stations are beyond your range!

Q: Are women better readers than men ?
A: There is no discrimination due to gender, race, age, sexual preference

Q: Can predicting something in a reading, allow it to manifest in the physical?
A: Only the people involved with the event can make it manifest into third dimension. The psychics I know, who see death and destruction, are never happy about their visions or dreams, but usually have no way of stopping them. These visions usually manifest within a three week period [three=3D]. Many people may dream about an event, or get a message about it in meditation, (usually about a tragedy), but they will not be able to prevent the event from occurring.

Q: If someone asks me try to manipulate the outcome of the reading, occult stuff, should I say No?
A: Do not read someone who is looking for you to manipulate anything with spells, rituals, or anything like that. Many people come from backgrounds that encourage psychic manipulation or attack, voodoo and such. Avoid at all cost.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Cheri,

Before becoming pg, did you know what was in store for you and your new child?

(P.S. Your MIL sounds like a real piece of work)

Cheri22 said...

hi Audrey.
I can not read myself very well. I had a dream before I found out i was pg and its posted I believe in my blog if you can find it, and when translated definately pointed to pregnancy!

now in regards to this pregnacy, I did use my positive thinking excersises to concieve and did conceive the first month trying, so I really feel that this is something that was important as I tried for longer with my first daughter and the first time I used the positive thinking excersies, I conceived her.

Based on a vision i had YEARS before even having kids, I had seen a girl around 7 years old and a boy around 2. I also posted this vision. My daughter looks exactly like the girl in the vision, and was going with the assumtion that this was to be the boy in the vision. I've had dreams saying boy (with my pregnancy with my daughter I dreamt all the time about baby girls) and I have had two psychics also see me with boy... u/s comes back saying girl. So was a bit shocked, but it goes to show you, that its alot harder to read yourself, as things in life should not be "by the book" or someone having all the answers or "cheat sheet".

I am not sure if I answered your question? But basically stating, that although I have premonitions about things to happen shortly (within 5-10min ahead) and I can read almost everyone else, I can not see what is in my childs future and have to go through worried about them just like everyone else:)

Amy & Meghan said...

Cheri,

After reading your entry, I am curious as to how you became "in touch" with your gift?

I have often correctly predicted the gender of co-workers and family member's children(I know, 50/50 chance), but I also knew that a few people were pregnant before becoming or announcing that. I am interested in trying to develop my own gift (if there is one there), I was wondering if you would share how you discovered your gift and exercises you do to become focused or exercises you did to help develop your gift?

Thank you for sharing your gift with us!