Recent Posts

Friday, February 1, 2008

Life is what you make of it....

I would have to say that life and happiness really is about the way you think of things and situations in your life. If you take every little bump in the road and worry about it, obsess about it and get upset, then you will find that you approach alot of things in a negative manner, and things always seems to be "worse" than what they really are. If you approach things as "things could have been worse" and deal with the situation in a more positive manner, you will see that these little "bumps" in the road are just that, little.

I think that its about how you react, and the way you think about it. I had my 23week Dr appt yesterday. I was a bit dissapointed with it. I am RH- (blood type) so this means that at my 26week appt I need a shot of Rhogam. This is to help my body NOT produce antibodies against the baby. This goes if the baby happens to be a positive blood type and our bloods somehow mix. I am not sure of all of the specifics, but without this shot, things can go wrong for both me and baby. My Daughter turned out to be Negative like me, so I did not need the second shot after she was born. To make a long storey short, during my prenatal visit, it was me that had to bring up that I needed this shot, which turns out that I have to goto the local hospital to get it as the city does not allow the drs to do it. Then I had to remind him about the Sugar (Glucose) test around the same time, or he would not have given me the form for that. The only concern was that he said I had some "puss" in my urine sample and wanted to double check that i did not have an UTI. (Urinary tract infection). Before handing me the form to walk downstarts to the lab, he tells me if I do have an infection they will call me, and that i need to remind him that i am allergic to the penicillin family so that he does not prescribe me this for an infection.. would a dr not ask if you have any allergies before actually giving you something?

Then he also tells me that hes planning on joining 5 other Dr's on a delivery rotation. So there is a 1/6 chance that he will be the one who delivers the baby:(. When I first signed up with this DR, he told me that he was NOT joining this, and that he would deliver the baby, which is what I said I wanted. I even was induced with my first daughter because my dr was heading out of town for two weeks and did not want someone else deliverying my baby. So this kinda upset me. I was worried that I would have to spill out my wants/needs to this new dr who is to possibly deliver this baby and meet for the first time. Its a bit out of my comfort zone but what do I do.

I started to view this subject with a bit of anxiety, what do I do, do I switch drs now (I am almost 6 months) do I continue on with the dr I have and hope that he is the one to deliver... even though now, my confidence in him is a bit shaken?

This is when I realized that I am viewing the situation in a negative fashion and not focusing on what good this could bring. Perhaps the DR who delivers this baby is just meant to be, perhaps they will know something the other DR does not, perhaps i will like them better..etc. Trying to think of things positive that can come out of this situation that I was otherwise not planned for.

So what I am saying.. is when you feel that things are not going your way, and that the world is "against" you, how about sit back, refocus and take another look. What can you learn from this? What positive could come out of this? How can you fix it, and be happy with what is to come rather than "fight it" or be negative.

Below I have posted a storey of inspiration from a woman who emailed it to me. Although its not the fairy tale happy ending that we all wish for, this woman has amazing insight and positive thinking and I thought it was fitting to this post:)

See below

A few years ago I was told i would never be a mother.Then in 2006, I started fertitliy treatments.I did get prego.....and was beyond happy.In June , i started to bleed , was told i would lose my son .I told them no , I would not lose him .Because he came from a mom and dad that fought for what they wanted.Everything started to go ok .We left Ft.Lewis WA...and moved to NC.Then on a cold Dec. day i thought i was in early labor.Went to the hospital only to find out my son had done pass away.That day is forever in my heart....the day it broke.I gave birth the the most beautiful child...that was taken way to soon.The reason i say this is a Inspiration story is because, i was told i would never have a child.And I did.Even if i only carry my child in my womb.....I am a mother.My son has change me so much .I know now what it was like to carry a child ...to love someone so much that you have never ever seen ....expect on U/S.And to where I would give my life for him.When i feel down i just rememeber .....that i have the best angle looking over me.He gives me my inspiration....Because He pick me to carry him and to be his mother and show him the love that he need.I always think that someone out there is worst off than i am .I have just been told i wont be able to have any more children....so i have given up hope.But i know i am a mother of atleast one son.

Thanks,tiffany
mommy to baby james and 5 misscarriages

0 comments: