Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A storey of inspiration

Lisa emailed me her storey of inspiration.... how things find a way to come into your life, may seem to be a bit unexpected, but also can help point you in the "right" direction in life when you were currently headed down a different path...

"I am 27 years old and have one very perfect daughter. I have learned that no matter what happens in life, things could have been worse. In August of this year I got really sick. I was sick for three weeks with a variety of different symptoms. After visiting with my Dr. three times in three weeks, she finally figured out that I had mononucleosis. Now imagined how stunned I was to find out at 27 years old I had mono. Three weeks after I was diagnosed with mono, I returned to work. I started feeling horrible again and thinking that maybe I rushed back to work to soon and the mono was coming back. Only to find out on Sept 21st that I was pregnant.

Now the first hpt I took was so faintly positive that I thought maybe it was wrong. So I waited four days and tested again. This time there was no denying that it was positive. I was very excited as I have always wanted another child but my partner did not. Anyway, an hour after my second positive hpt I started bleeding. It was very light at first and then got heavier. Two days later I found out that I was having a miscarriage. It was very hard to deal with. There were two sayings that got me thru those two months, that I would like to share with everyone.

1) God doesn't put anything on you that you can't handle and

2) Everything happens for a reason.

Those two sayings and my faith helped me get through everything without having a mental breakdown. What I went through was horrible and I wouldn't wish either one of my issues on anyone but, the thing is that both of my situations could have been much worse. First of all from what I have read mono can last from several weeks to several months and some people end up hospitalized. I was only down for six weeks. It was a horrible six weeks but it was only six weeks and I didn't end up in the hospital. Which I am extremely grateful for. As for the miscarriage, I was only five weeks along. I could have been much further along before I lost my baby and that would have been much worse. Or I could have already told my daughter that she was going to be a big sister and then lost my baby. I am very very grateful for the fact that it was an early miscarriage. It would have been absolutely devastating if I would have already told my daughter and then lost the baby. For this I am grateful. So not matter how bad things get try to remember it can always be worse. I try to find the positives in every situation, it's not always easy, but it helps

I think the best lesson I learned was that even through the toughest of times being positive does make things better. We have decided to ttc. We also learned from the m/c that we do want another child. We are in our 3rd cycle since my m/c.
Happy Holidays!!!

Thanks,Lisa


So in this case, Lisa and her husband had originally decided on only one child based on her husbands preference. With experiencing the m/c they were able to realize that their family was not as "complete" as what bringing another child into their lives would do, and so her husband changed his mind:)

I have said this numerous times, everything happens for a reason. You may not understand that reason at the beginning, but eventually it will be told/learned.

1 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

Cheri, I was wondering if you could blog about dreaming. Specifically, I want to know if it's possible to communicate with other live people when dreaming. I've had several dreams in my life in which I seem to be doing that, always with someone who I have a strong connection with but am sosmehow separated from. These dreams are different from typical night dreams, and the conversations and interactions are very realistic. I need to know if I'm really communicating, and if I am, how I can learn to control it and possibly do it at will.