Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reincarnation my views and thoughts on this subject

Now I have to start with saying that i do believe in reincarnation as I have stated in previous posts. I really feel that we are hear to learn. I do not believe its the same lessons each time, but new ones. I believe before coming here, we make a blue print of our lives, the lessons we want to learn while we are here, and the people that we will meet who will help guide us on our journey and those lessons. I believe that when a lesson is meant to be learn, it will be repeated OVER AND OVER until you finally get it. I do not mean in different lives, I mean in this one. Lets take for example, that your life lesson was about love... not necessarily about loving someone else, but lets say yourself. You start dating this boy, and he basically treats you like garbage. He cheats on you with another girl but you seem to accept it as a matter of holding on to your "First love". He lies, steals from your family and yet you hold on. Its about 2 years of this when one day you "wake up" and you realize "what the heck am I doing". Its this wake up call the the lesson is usually learned. That you start to see things from the other perspective and put your life in order. Thus, lesson learned. Now you can't just say "okay I learned my lesson, lets get rid of this life theme", because obviously "they" know better! If you have truly learned the lesson, that it, it wont repeat. In my case, I let this said boy treat me just the way I mentioned, and perhaps I will go into further detail in another post (as its entirely different storey!) and I let others do the same, and one day I realized that I did not need to "allow" this in my life and it was up to me to learn it and move on. I since have married (obviously) a man who tells me the truth even if it hurts (like asking him if I look "fat" in something and if he thinks I do, he will say yes! lol) and he would NEVER cheat on me. Lesson learned.

Now in regards to reincarnation, lets say you don't learn your lesson, and you continue this same theme throughout your life, making bad choices with men (or women) and it always seems like you are getting the "short end of the stick", will you have to repeat it in your next life? I don't think you "have" to. I believe that its up to you when you design your blueprint if you feel that you still need that lesson, or if you want to try something else. I believe a lesson is something that YOU WANT to learn and not "have" to and its a matter of enlightenment.

Now if you sit back and think, is there something that really scares you and you can't say why? Are you terrified of dark places? Perhaps a specific location around your house, or feel a pull to a specific place or country? Are you afraid of the water, or specific types of people based on their look? These are all clues as to who you were in a past life. I know for me, I remember one life vividly and even know that I lived in one of the major cities in our province.

This all started about when I was 18-19 years old. I had a roommate that was experimenting with cocaine, and was something that I was DEAD SET against. For some reason was almost "panicked" thinking that they were going to do it, and just did not like it even in the same house as me. I am no "prude" and to each their own so to speak, but this really had me upset. I have NEVER done this drug or ever wanted to, and had to ask myself why I was so scared that to think that other people would even do it. This is when my first "flashback" happened. I was shown myself in a remote viewing sensation. I felt myself in this tiny little bachelor type suite in what seemed like a rundown hotel. I am 45 years old, and I feel myself to be male. I am an addict. When you first walk into my room, as you leave my door, there is a small bathroom to the left, and then you walk straight into my room. The window right in front of me, and my bed to the left. Its a double bed, with worn looking blankets, in older style colors. I always looked out the window by sitting on the bed. I died between the window and the bed of an overdose. I don't remember the feelings, I just remember where I died, and what I was.. I don't even know what i looked like. I believe that I did not waste anytime between my lives before returning to do things a bit differently. Not because I "had' to, but because that is what I wanted. (now for the record, in this life I am NOT an addict, nor have I ever been! lol)

I think we learn from each life, things we take with us into other lives, and probably don't even remember how we know something or why we feel attached to certain people or certain things. I believe that we learn for ourselves. Not to be selfish, but to enrich our lives "back home".

How can you access your past lives?
I have located other ways that people have done it, that might seem familiar to some of you, or perhaps ways that people are interested in trying to see what information they can access.

Spontaneous recall
Especially with small children, memories simple appear to surface from nowhere. Some describe the process as being like a "waking dream". Images and scenes may come to mind and the subject may often find them self as a participant in the memory, though often they report feeling somehow different in the memory from their current self. Although it might seem like a daydream, the subject is often surprised by the unexpected nature of the experience and it can also be very intense.

Triggered recall
The memory is experienced in the same way "waking dream" fashion as with spontaneous recall, but it is triggered by an event of some kind. This event may be anything which appears to remind the subject of a key part of the memory - for example a particular smell, the sight of an object, a noise, hearing a particular word or phrase, a taste or being in a particular physical setting.


Dreams
Sometimes people have recurring dreams which do not seem at all to be the usual surreal type of dreams, but which have recurring scenes which seem strangely real. The vividness can vary from a dream which is thought-provoking to one which leaves the subject in a cold sweat or in tears.


Hypnosis
Hypnosis has been used for decades as a tool for trying to discover past life memories. Even though it has been studied for at least 150 years, little is understood about the actual process by which humans can be hypnotised. The effect of hypnosis is to put the subject into a trance state where they essentially put themselves under the practitioner's instruction. The main advantage with this method for gleaning distant memories is that the subject's mind can be focused extremely sharply under trance, to the extent that the mind can be made oblivious to sensations of pain in the body.

Hypnosis is used for many different reasons, e.g. by police investigators trying to glean extra pieces of information from witnesses or by people trying to rid themselves of smoking habits or eating disorders. Occasionally it has also been used effectively in the place of surgical anaesthesia.

Unfortunately as with many things, the results vary greatly from person to person, with some people being very difficult to put under hypnosis while others can be put into very deep trances indeed. With respect to past life regressions, here too results vary greatly. Some people can have session after session without getting any significant results, while others can unleash a torrent of information the first time they go under.
Naturally one important prerequisite is having an experienced practitioner who can guide the session responsibly and try to ensure the subject answers all questions as honestly as possible.


Profound meditation
Profound meditation is said to be able to give some subjects spontaneous memories which appear to be from past lives. Once profound meditative states can be achieved, the effect is similar to being under hypnosis, except that there is no strong external influence over the subject. The difficulty of this approach is that is can take years of intense meditation in order to perfect a particularly deep trance and even then there are no guarantees. Having said this, people who experience past life flashbacks or fleeting memories often appear to have a head start in this area, and can obtain results fairly quickly if they persevere.
It is worth noting that for thousands of years it has been the single most common method used by people of all religions or philosophies in order to gain mystical insights



How long are people supposed to spend between incarnations?
Looking at what people who remember a past life have to say, this would seem to be very variable. Some people claim to have been reborn in less than a year of their previous death, while others seem to take many years or even possibly decades to return. One reason for this in conventional mystical thinking is that a person who has passed on might want to spend many years as a "guide" or "guardian angel" for someone - perhaps a loved one. Also some lives are said to be so traumatic that a person's spirit might take a while to recuperate from it. Or the person might want to spend time with other loved ones in the astral realms before returning. Again it is speculative here, but it seems a little unlikely from what is reported that everybody would reincarnate immediately as some cultures suppose - or conversely take 1000 years between incarnations, as some mystical fraternities once stated.



Why can't everyone remember their past lives?
If everyone could remember their past lives then there would be some serious problems. For example, if a person were murdered, they might go looking for revenge on their killer - or worse still, as everyone else would remember them from their past lives, they might find themselves being held to account for all their previous crimes/debts/etc. As well as this, people would be tormented by every unpleasant memory they had from countless previous lives. Forgetfulness even within a lifetime is very important therapeutically as it allows us to let go of the many painful situations which occur. As the saying goes: "Time heals all wounds". Forgetfulness between lives would allow us to start afresh as it were, without too much emotional baggage hanging over from the last visit. However with spiritual advancement would come the possibility of regaining access to those past lives, creating the challenge to deal with and understand the soul's path up to that point.
( The questions were taken from a FAQ http://www.geocities.com/richard_holmes/reincarnation/faq.htm#effects-2 check it out for more info)


Another site that I thought was "spooky" that I really feel you need to check out is http://www.thebigview.com/pastlife/ just type in your birthday of this life and it will tell you your "past life". (please note, take it as entertainment value above all else, but mine sorta feels "almost" right lol) Here is what mine said! I would love to hear others experience with this program and what it said, and if you felt connected to it.

Your past life diagnosis:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern USA South-East around the year 550. Your profession was that of a monk (nun), bee-keeper or lone gunman.
Your brief psychological profile in your past life:Such people are always involved with all new. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:There is an invisible connection between the material and the spiritual world. Your lesson is to search, find and use this magical bridge.
Do you remember now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is mine!ol

Your past life diagnosis:

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South Australia around the year 1050. Your profession was that of a builder of roads, bridges and docks.

Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in higher reasons.

Do you remember now?

Lynn said...

Interesting, mine was the same as Krystal's! I wonder if we have the same birthday? Its obviously for entertainment value, interesting though.

I think myself I am going through a lesson (like Cheri's lesson in a love relationship) that I must love myself and deserve to be happy and not put up with less than I'm worth. And it's true if it repeats (the lesson) then it has to tell you something!

Anonymous said...

i read about my past quite interesting... thanks for the articles

Cheri22 said...

hi lynn
Perhaps it is you that this lesson is for, and perhaps "E" is the one to help you to learn it? I know that until I learned my lesson I repeated it with MANY boyfriends who I let walk all over me, treat me like crap, cheat on me, and forgave them.. it was when I realized that I did NOT need to "allow' that in my life, was something I knew I did NOT want, and therefore learned my lesson and was able to move on. You need to decide what is right for you. What makes YOU happy.