Recent Posts

Thursday, October 9, 2008

A touching storey - life after death?

Well, I thought perhaps others might like to hear this storey and someone else's journey and hear about a storey of someone who has recently passed away and everything that has happened.

Now my friends father in law was diagnosed with lung cancer, and was told it was TERMINAL. They gave him this information in JULY and told him that he had "months" to live. Before he passed away, and was in the hospital with a not too good prognosis last week, my friend said that when talking to him, he would cry easily over things. He tried to keep his spirits up, but as hard as it was, there was alot of emotion going on at the time for not just him but his loved ones as well. He would tear up when people would tell them how much he was loved. He would tear up when talking about his grandchildren ....etc. During a time alone with his wife, he actually was extremely calm, very accepting of what was going on and not emotional or crying. He actually told his wife in a calm voice "this is not the end" and said it with such certainty. He died on Wednesday October 1, 2008.

My friend called me last night, knowing that I talk of my gift about being able to connect people with their loved ones and wanted to know if I had anything from her father in law that she could perhaps pass on. I asked if there was a question that her husband wanted to ask her dad and I would certainly try. She said they would think about it and call me back. I was just about to bathe the baby when I got an image of the bedroom where he used to sleep. I was told that their bedspread was a "plaid" or "flower" type pattern, but the pillow cases were solid. I felt that the colors were going to be like reds/greens or the like. I also knew that the blanket they had made him was in the room. I called my friend immediately and asked her if this was correct, which she replied in astonishment that it was. I informed her, that when her mother in law felt sad and lonely, she just needed to goto her room and that he was there. That he was not going to cross over completely until he knew that she was okay. I made mention of the ashes, and that when she was ready to let him go, that she would do with the ashes what she had planned and that this was his sign. She confirmed that the ashes were currently in the bedroom as well.

I was told this morning, that during the night when her Mother in law laid in bed staring at the ceiling, that the blood pressure monitor that both her and her husband used to monitor their high blood pressure actually turned on by itself. That they both have a button, hers was number 2 and her husbands was number 1. It was number one that beeped and turned on as if it was taking a measurement. Now according to the Mother in law, you have to HOLD the button in for a bit before it starts. I explained that this was a sign from her father in law, that he was there so she would know.

So I just wanted to share this storey to those of you who question about death and whether there is an "other side'. Perhaps it will give you comfort in knowing that as Cliff said "this is not the end".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....
That actually gave me goosebumps.
I do believe death is not the end of us.
But what happens after, who knows.

Lynn said...

Thanks Cheri, I love stories like that. My aunt is going through brain cancer at the moment and the doctors have given her 6 - 8 months. She is ok with this, she says she is happy that she will see her daughter and my mom. It gives me comfort that there is something better after, I really have to believe that.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Cheri! My condolences go to your friend and the family.

trying1009 said...

Your story gave me goosebumps, I feel better knowing that there might be another side. I hope that my grandfather is happy with his wife now that they can finally be togather after 14 years.... thank you for your touching story..