Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life unexpected....

I think its always important to surround yourself with positive and happy people. I think its unavoidable to cut out everyone who is negative, but hopefully you can find enough balance. Whether its with your partner, your children, your family or friends, its always good to have someone that you can vent at and not be judged, or someone who you find to be uplifting and fun. Even if its someone who you know in real life, or online.

I have a best friend that i Have known since we were born. We have separated our ways a few times over the years. Our parents were friends and drifted apart, we grew up, had other friends. It was when we were both pregnant with our daughters (who are both now 6) that we reconnected as friends. We spend alot of time chatting or hanging out. I watch her daughter for her for a short time as both our girls are in the same school and class. I think its important to have people that you can socialize with as well as it tends to really make you a more level headed and balanced person. My husband is my best friend. Someone who I cherish, but I need other outlets. I have "you guys" to help which is my dream and passion right now, and then I have my friends that I goto movies with..etc.

I have found that when your looking for a relationship or a friendship all you have to do is ask it to the world and something will come your way. I have had numerous clients who kinda feel "alone" at times or find it hard to make new friends where they live and really rely on their online friends for support.

I recently had wanted to meet new people in real life. I am a bit hesitant at first as I do have a alot on my plate, but felt I needed to find "more". My husband started to talk to this guy from his hockey and they invited us out as a couple to go for dinner with them. I was NERVOUS with meeting her. Not sure why, but I guess I was. She was alot of fun, I felt like I had known her my whole life. We talked and talked and talked. I told my husband I liked her and thought we would be friends and turns out she felt the same. A new friendship was started!. Well I had a night out with my husband last week or so and we headed to this couples house for dinner. (they ordered some really yummy pizza) and we started to talk. Turns out that this girl has the EXACT same blood type as me!. Now I know, that sounds silly to be excited about something like that, BUT... for those of you who dont know, I am AB NEG. This is a RARE blood type and according to the people I have talked to and studies online, only 5% of the entire worlds population will have this blood type. I guess I just think its cool!

So sometimes its nice to get to know new people and not be hesitant with starting new friendships. Allow the universe to work for you.. allow your guides to bring in the people you need in your life to be able to reconnect and be yourself..

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I know what you mean, our partners cannot replace those precious girl time and just having another woman who isn't family that you can talk to. I think its neat you two have the same blood type. Thats like synchronity isn't it? =] I guess we will see

Jaclin said...

That's awesome you found a new friend Cheri! I am not good at making friends. I think being hurt in the past tends to make me weary. I have one friend, that is female. She is wonderful, but we are in different places in our life right now, so it's hard to get together. We work together, so I see her 2x a week. Otherwise, all of my friends are guys. I have to make sure they understand there is nothing more to it, since I am married and I don't think my husband will let me have any boyfriends...lol

Lynn said...

That's very cool. I like when life happens like that. You meet someone and you instantly click. Sometimes with me i have trouble making conversation with people. I have a few good friends and with them its never an issue to talk till the cows come home, with other people its like pulling teeth and uncomfortable. Its all about how we connect i suppose! Didn't know that about the blood type. Wow!