Recent Posts

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The voice of reason

It was a long day even though we only stayed for an hour at the celebration of life for my grandfather. (May he rest in peace). It started off as any other day (besides where we were headed) and I found myself annoyed. Hoping that my Cousin who is driving me nuts lately would not be there, and then moving on to thinking it would be nice if my Mother in law was not coming either. (now dont get me wrong, shes a wonderful woman, but she still drives me nuts!) Immediately my thought was answered by my guides and they said "its not about you". Which could not be more true. This day was NOT about me, but in celebration of my grandfathers life. It didn't matter if my cousin was there, or if my mother in law came with us. These were the people that were heading there to pay respect to my grandfather and his memory. So my guides were so true in their answer.

The other instance, was me "whining" about how my grandfather has not come to visit me, either in a dream or in person. I being more "awakened" than some in my family figured I would get a sense of him "first". I can't say I wasn't disappointed that he has yet to make his appearance. It was at the celebration of life, that i realized why. My Uncle got up and make a small speech about my grandfather. It was nice. I looked over at my mother and her siblings (there are 5 kids in all) and each one was teary. My mom them took the "stage" and went up. She played a song that my grandfather song to her when he went away on business and she played it for everyone there today. This is when I started to bawl. It was also then that I noticed my grandfathers energy sitting up on stage, facing towards everyone, holding a glass of what appeared to be some sort of "liquor" (I dont think you can drink when your gone, but perhaps because he was a drinker here in life it was the image he projected?) The vision in my minds eye clearly showed it in his left hand, he was still overweight and had his right hand resting on his right leg/knee area. His shirt being of lighter color and wearing brown slacks... he was smiling.

After the song was over and my mom sit down I walked over to hear and told her it was her that made me cry. That I was okay up till that point. My family has a way of joking around to try and brighten up a sad situation. My mom then told me that she has been dreaming of that song playing over and over in her head like a broken record for the last week.. That she KNEW she had to play it today as her way of saying goodbye. This is again when my guides made it known "its not about you". Which made me realize that although I am sure that my grandfather would have love to make an appearance known to me, there were people in his life that needed him more, and is where he spent his time.

I think that today has been a bit of a eye opener in a way. I know life is "short" as we know it. I hear countless people asking what happened to the time and hearing others saying its just flying past. I think that too often we internalize about how we feel about someone, or something or some situation and how it effects us. What we get out of it, how it effects us, our mood..etc.. and so little do we often see the overall picture. How this one person touched many liefs, how it affects us all. I think that this can be applied to so many situations. Being more open minded about how it all works is sometimes the first step in being more "awakened" spiritually. Allowing you to get a sense on how it feels for everyone and not just yourself. This also I think helps us to connect to all of humanity.

I know being an empath has allowed me to feel what others are feeling and know their situation. My friend called me yesterday. They have had a HORRIBLE few years. Starting with the passing of her husbands mother to brain cancer, to him almost being killed in a work place accident, and them still having trouble finding him solid work.... I went over there yesterday, I bought them a gift certificate to a local grocery store, and a pack of razors (she told me she was using the same razor for the past YEAR) and dropped it off. She felt bad about taking it, but it made me feel good to be able to do it.

So I guess, this is just to say.. do a little good for someone else today (or this week) no matter how big or how small it is, everything matters... everything will add up into something good. This post will also be a give away for a reading from me today. There is a catch... If you win, you have to pass the reading to someone you know... Winner announced TUESDAY. (dont forget, another blog contest is below!~)

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I sometimes forget as well that certain situations are not about me, and my personal feelings toward someone or something need to be put aside for the good of someone else. You have been a real inspiration to me Cheri. I have thanked you before for your postings but I want to thank you again for sharing such personal thoughts and feelings with us. You quite often mention things that we all need to be reminded every once in a while. I try to do things for other people as often as I am able and I always feel so good when I do!

Katrina said...

Wow, I guess sometimes I just get so caught up in life and the craziness that comes with it and to read this today was just what I needed. Because in fact, it's not all about me. That's something that I think many tend to easily forget and I will admit that I so readily do so myself. Thanks for sharing your personal thoughts and thanks for reminding me to remember it's not always about me.

Amanda said...

This blog is a great reminder for us all. Sometimes we all need to be reminded that not everything is about or for us and remember to let others have the spotlight or people do things for others with no other intention, but out of the kindess of our heart and for the other person's happiness and benefit.

Katie said...

Wow, I was holding back tears just reading that. Sometimes being empathic is really difficult, especially when it comes to sadness. I agree we all need a reminder from time to time to take a look at the big picture.

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder that sometimes we need to stop and think about the needs and wants of those around us. Thank you.

alicia j