Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Can yoga enhance your fertility?

Well, according to the articles that I have been reading online, the debate is still out on that one. They did a controlled group, with some doing the "fertility" yoga and the others just trying on their own. It is said that the ones doing the yoga had a higher rate of conception. They are not sure if its because of the special poses or the fact that yoga helps to reduce body stress and allowed the pregnancy to happen.

So if you have tried everything, why not try this too! Regardless, its going to help you to be more relaxed, more spiritual and more in control.

I located this article that I thought might be useful.

Supported Bridge Pose
Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Move your feet as close to your buttocks as possible. Inhale and exhale, and then slowly raise your pelvis and buttocks off the floor, while keeping your thighs and inner feet parallel. Clasp your hands behind your back. Hold this pose, while breathing deeply, for a minute or so.

Legs on Wall Pose
Lie on the ground with your buttocks close to a wall. Slowly inhale and exhale, while extending your legs up the side of the wall. Rest your legs on the wall so that you create a 90 degree angle at your pelvis. Hold for two minutes and then release your legs slowly.

Cobbler’s Pose
Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out straight in front of you. While inhaling, bring your feet towards your groin, and push the soles of your feet together. Slowly try to lower your knees to the ground while holding on to your toes. Hold this posture, without straining your legs, for between one and five minutes.


Click here
and here

Dont forget to comment in the comments section to be able to win this months blog contest! (for more details, scroll to some of the other posts below!)

If anyone of you are already taking part in yoga frequently, would love to hear your experineces!

10 comments:

ACrystalLilly said...

This seems like a great idea for those who enjoy yoga.

Katie said...

I haven't tried yoga, but I can certainly attest to the benefits of relaxation. Conception finally happened for me the month that I went to Hawaii on vacation with my mom. I thought had ovulated while I was there so I wasn't worried about trying that month but was so happy to see my hubby when I got home (if ya know what I mean).

I had heard the "relax" line from so many people that I wanted to punch them when I heard it, but apparently relaxation is really important, even when you don't think you're stressed.

Anonymous said...

I too have read a number of articles about fertility yoga. I haven't tried it yet. I am still getting my house in order so to speak. I am now researching estrogen dominance and reading the book "The Power" a full up to the Secret. I am still waiting and hoping that pregnancy happens for me. I have to say it gets hard to stay positive.

Fran

Stacy said...

Thanks for posting another great resource! I have never personally tried yoga, but I have several friends who swear by it. It seems like it is worthwhile, especially if it can help with fertility. Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Bridge pose is a great intermediate inversion. But it’s important for everyone to keep the toes straight, which a lot of people forget. Yoga guru Leeann Carey has a great free yoga video on Bridge pose that your readers could benefit from: http://www.planetyoga.com/free-yoga-video-bridge-pose/

Amanda S. said...

Yoga is a wonderful form of relaxation and exercise. I have actually taken it back up due to the fact when I stop exercising I get in bad bouts of depression and of course gaining weight does not help. I definitely reccomend yoga. And it can even be used for already pregnant mamas. If I am thinking right there are prenatal yoga vids out there.

Jaclin said...

I haved tried it in the past but maybe I didn't do it right...lol...I have tried pretty much everything known to man w/ no luck :o( My Stage IV Endo has caused too much scar tissue and damage. Thank you for the info Cheri!

Unknown said...

i just wanted to add a comment about the cobbler pose that you posted. it is also a great pose for when you are pregnant and your sciatic nerve starts to bother you. this pose really helps to keep everything stretched out so that you dont cramp up as much. i am already using it with this pregnancy.. and im not even in the second trimester yet!!!

thanks for posting Cheri :) your posts are always so helpful! :)

Marijke said...

I've just copied this information to start trying. I'll try anything that might help.
Marijke

Melissa said...

I Havent tried yoga But I could see the benefits.I'm going to look into this! Thanks for posting this.