Recent Posts

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A fun little day

Yesterday was a great day. I had to go and get an oil change for my van. While I was in the bay and the work was being done, they usually ask you if you want a free car wash, or if you want 12% off of your bill. I usually pick the car wash, but many times the person has been able to give me BOTH. I was thinking in my head that I wish I could just ask for both and see what happens (the worse he can say is no) and I chickened out!

I picked the car was as my van NEEDED it, and headed over when the oil change was done. I pull up, and go to insert the token he gave me for the car wash (automatic car wash) and as I put it in the coin slot it comes FLYING out the bottom (where the change comes out). I thought, "oh great, now what"... I reversed the van a bit, and hoped out, and guess what?? Low and behold, next to my token was ANOTHER! So I got TWO!!! I thought that was pretty cool. I move the van back up and insert the token and it goes in just fine.. so what do you think? Coincidence that it flew out the first time? Or was someone trying to "help" by the token flying out so I would locate the other one?

Fast forward to last night. As I was writing out the check to my daughters school for her school pictures, I clued in to the date " 2010,10,20. For those of you who have read my previous posts, I LOVE numbers that are patterns or similar.. so 11:11pm or 12:12pm.. or when the date seems to have all the same numbers.. So I went online, bought a 649 ticket and got an email this morning telling me that I won. After logging in, found out it was only 10.00 but I still won something! lol

Anyways, speaking of winning, congrats to post number


#23 - JAZ


Please email me at cheri22@gmail.com to claim your family bypass prediction.

Dont forget everyone, by commenting in the posts, you are still entered to win the 50.00 paypal payment from me. This will be awarded at the end of this month to one lucky winner! The more times you reply to my posts, the more entries you have in the contest!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I love it! I wish that I could be so lucky. It seems that when I am needing the luck the most it eludes me and when I'm not in great need things just fall into place. Maybe it's a way of getting me to mellow out and not stress about the things that I need.

Unknown said...

I wish I was so lucky! :)

Not sure if any of your friends posted this on FB.. but I thought you might like this little tidbit too. This October as 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays all in the same month. This only happens once every 823 years... so we not only got to live though 10 - 10 - 10 but also a record month! :) neat eh!
Hope you have a great weekend
Danna

Stacy said...

I am also one for patterns in numbers. It's pretty neat, especially because they have been more prevalent lately. I'm sure 10-10-10 was a popular day for weddings!

Also, congrats to Jaz! :)

Jaclin said...

That is so awesome! I love it when stuff like that happens! I have been on vacation this week, just getting stuff done around the house, and things have been falling into place so far....hopefully this is a sign to a better upcoming year!!

Raji Magesh said...

I like to get special things done on the pattern number... it so happend for my wedding was on 27th 2007...I feel things will fall in place if i get them done on pattern number....

ACrystalLilly said...

That is very lucky Cheri. Im sure it helped even 10.00.

Marijke said...

Lucky Cheri. Wish I had that kind of luck. :)
Marijke

kate said...

These type of things make me so good inside, I love it when good things happen!

Melissa said...

Its always awsome when things like this happen

Patty D. said...

I wish I was lucky...lol...;o)

Lori said...

I love numbers too! I often see 11:11 during the day.