Recent Posts

Monday, October 4, 2010

My mom and I went shopping.....

I know that heading alone is enough to open questions! I went to Zellers with my youngest. She was napping in her stroller, and we headed in. This would have been on Saturday. I usually do some Christmas shopping all through the year and find amazing deals for the people on my list. This christmas is going to be harder than usual as you know my mom passed in march of this year. So its my first christmas without her, and this was the season that was her most favorite. I start walking into the store and to my right, was a women about my mom's height, same hair (a bit fuzzy) same color, same build.. Immediately I think I kinda held my breath. Although I know that she has passed, all my dreams keep telling me shes "alive" (not like we are) and the person there was very much like my mom that my first thought was it was impossible that she was there! That was when I realized, that its times like that, where you can be pretty much anywhere and you see someone who looks exactly liek someone you lost, or out of the corner of your eye, you swear you just saw them pass by.... its your loved ones way of gaining your attention in a prominent manner. They are telling you that they are there RIGHT NOW! This was probably one of the "loudest" messages she has sent and once I clued in that it was a "poke" from her to say "hey I am here" it almost seemed like the energy changed. Like when I was paying attention to the energy in the room and more aware of her close, that I could feel it too.

Too many times when we are preoccupied we dont notice the new vibrations or energy around us and tend to turn off our "psychic ears" so to speak.

I just smiled. I find great comfort in feeling her close by. I drove to her old house on Sunday. As I drove up to her apartment building, my mom's husband was sitting on the chair at the balcony, having a cigarette. My mom smoked as well and I could "see" her sitting in her chair waving and smiling at me.

We can find our loved ones anywhere we look. We might not be paying attention to their every arrival, but they are there. If you are really missing them, try and goto a place that they frequented while here. Or an object that you have of theirs that meant alot to them. I usually just tell my mom (in my mind) that I need her, and would really like to feel her close or to have a sign from her that shes close by. More times than not, I feel an immediate "hug" internally that lets me know shes close....but its always extra special to see the other signs as well.

16 comments:

Amanda S. said...

This gave me the chills a bit. Something like this happened to my aunt when getting on a elevator. My grandfather (her father) had passed away back in 1995. I cannot remember what year she saw a man who looked exactly like him, but she said the experience freaked her out a bit that she told the guy that he looked and I think even sounded just like her father.

I think when I feel mostly connected to family members who passed away is seeing them in my dreams or randomly thinking of a warm memory of them.

redreila89@yahoo.com

Stacy said...

I can totally relate to what happened to you. I distinctly remember that after my grandmother passed, I thought I "saw" her when I was walking around in the grocery store. It was like she was peeking in just to make sure I knew she was there. I remember telling my partner what happened, and she said the same thing happened to her when her grandfather passed away. She thought she saw him everywhere.

Thanks so much for sharing this. It definitely validates my beliefs.

Unknown said...

Cheri,
Your posts always bring a smile to my face :) they also really open up my eyes and make me more aware of my surroundings. I still feel that my mom mostly visits me in my dreams... but maybe because i am not keeping myself as aware of my surroundings when i am out and about! I am interested to see if I change my perspective.. if mom will come to me like yours came to you! :)

Hugs to you, and thanks for posting!
Danna

ty206 said...

Well Cheri my mom passed yesterday and I am not doing so good. I have been waiting for a sign that she is still near by. I now know how you feel when you lost your mother and I am sure time will heal the pain but for now please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless

Ty206

Cheri22 said...

oh my gosh ty206, I am so sorry to hear that your mom just passed..I can totally feel your pain.. Email me if you need someone to talk to about this. Its always good to talk about it and how you feel. Its one of the healing properties. Big hugs!

Catherine said...

Missing my Mom a lot today too. It's been 9 years. I felt her with me a lot when I was pregnant and when my daughter was a baby.

ty206 said...

Thanks Cheri. I need all the support I can get. I will email you today


Thanks

Ty206

Jaclin said...

Sorry for your loss ty206 :'( .... Cheri, I understand what you are talking about. When I am missing a family member, I usally dream about them....very realisitc dreams. Maybe wishful thinking, or maybe their way of talking to me...I like to think it is real. When I am sitting in a room, sometimes the pressure changes in my ears and I feel like someone is around me. I can't see anyone and I don't really get a sensation for who it is, but I know someone is there. Then whey they leave, my ears go back to normal. My husband never feels it, but sometimes my animals react, so it helps validate my feelings.

KCandtheSunshineKids said...

I lost my grandmother 6 years ago and I think about her almost every day. I feel her close to me so often. I just miss her.

ACrystalLilly said...

This happens to me all the time. Thank God because sometimes I still cant believe those whom I have lost in this life are not here with me. Thank God they can here my secret wishes. My heart is always healing from missing them even after more than 10 and 20 years I still wonder why I pick up the phone to call them and only when I dial the number and get to the last digit is when I remember that they are in heaven. My hope is that they always know that I love them and am so glad that I got to share even a part of my life with them.

Anonymous said...

ty206
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum it is such a hard journey.I am glad you will have Cheri to talk to as it is so important to get your thoughts and feeling out and not bottled up.My thoughts are with you.
Lorna

ty206 said...

Thank you all for the support. I really appreciate it!

ty206

Lynn said...

That has happened to me a lot. I think the last one a couple of weeks ago. I was walking to the bank and saw a lady out of the corner of my eye walking the same way as my Mom walked, same body type, same hair. I really had to take a double take. My Mom has been gone 8 years now.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, ty206.

Marijke said...

I see people all the time that look like my family members who have passed. But I never thought of it as them trying to get my attention. I'll be more aware from now on.
Marijke

kate said...

I think this was super cool, lately I've seen a lot of trucks with the business that my Dad started when I was young. They always remind me of him and I have good memories.

Melissa said...

wow i read this sand thought of my mom, She passed in 2006 and I miss her everyday