Recent Posts

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dreams are not always "simple"

Sometimes dreams can be unpleasant, but still have great meaning.

My dream last night seemed to have been both. A little disturbing, yet something that needs to be shared. In my dream, I was sitting down in a room talking to my mother. We were chatting and having a good time, talking about anything and everything. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw outside, three black shadows that were moving about. It was a bit weird to see, but I immediately thought "death". I ran out and started to "demand" what they wanted. This is when they came into focus and I was able to see them better. Now the fact that they appeared as movie stars was something funny. (the one guy who did most of the talking actually looked like the guy who hosts Dancing with the stars). I do not actually think that when we die that a look alike movie star comes for us, but it was just the face that they showed in my dream. They told me that one of us had to go now. They talked in riddles. Referring to something about "twins" or "dual personality". It was actually quite annoying because they were not giving me a straight answer as to who they came for. So wasn't sure it was my mom, myself or my sister. My mom, hearing how upset I was, came out to see what the commotion was. It was then that the "Samuel Jackson" look alike came forward and said "there you are" and reached for my mom. He touched her and she died. I remember freaking out,and screaming for someone to call 911. That is when I woke up. I told myself that I did not want to continue that dream, that I choose not to and did not want to go back and see what else happened. I remembered calming myself and blanking my mind so that when I went back to sleep, I would perhaps dream something else. Well apparently it was not meant to be.

When I got back in my dream, I walked into this restaurant, I knew my mom was gone, and was upset, but wanting to protect my sister, I went and grabbed her as I walked by and gave her that "expression" that told her she needed to come and used the word "mom". She was kinda startled, but came with me anyways. We got to where they had put my mom's body and as I approached my mom she looked up and said "hi"... Every single dream I have had about my mom has been a way to show me that shes "alive". If you go back to previous posts dating back to march when she first passed, this is how all of my dreams have been. Where in my dream I had known she was gone, but she would say to give her a few weeks and that she was not really dead. In this dream too. The "twin" reference from the "spirit of death", was in reference to the fact that we are in our bodies and yet we are also spirit.. does that make sense? My mom really wants me (and everyone) else to know, that death is just a word we use while we are here. Once our bodies have "expired" (gosh that sounds horrible! sorry!) we are free to leave. It allows us the ability to come on a spiritual journey here, and learn for ourselves, that will help enlighten us even further.

Every time I have this type of dream, it has come when I have had a few bad days where I am missing her terribly, and this is always her way of showing shes here.. that she is with me.

As I was using the washroom this morning (I know, like you wanted to know) I was thinking of this dream, how to post it on the blog so that everyone can get the most out of the experience, and all of a sudden a drop landed on my hand. If I had been outside, I would have sworn it was going to start to rain. I looked up to see if there was a leak, or something where this drop would have come from.. nope... I looked back at my hand.. nothing. I know it was not in my imagination, I felt it. My spiritual side, had given me the image of a "tear", but since I knew I was not crying!

Two nights ago, while laying in bed, not quite time to get up. I heard a noise, and then felt someone "tap" my pillow right behind my head. (I was on my side, so it tapped behind my head at the side of the bed.) I thought for sure that my youngest (shes 2) had come into the room and tapped my pillow to let me know she was there. I turned my head to see her.......no one was there.

Hopefully like myself, you guys will take comfort in knowing that death is not the end... and that our loved ones who we miss as we continue on our own journey in this life, are never truly gone, and are often following us, peeking in on us, and helping where they can.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cheri!! What timing! I also dreamt about my dad last night, but the dreams were not good. He was still sick, and in each dream he died a different way. I tried to also "clear my head", but still he ended up in my dream again. Even in my dream I was confused! Then I think to myself, "hmm I wonder if Cheri updated her blog today.." and to see todays topic, my jaw dropped. Couldnt have asked for better timing. Wish there were words in my dreams, for me it always seems like a silent film! ;-)

ty206 said...

Hi cheri. As you know my mother passed away on oct. 4th. We just had her service yesterday and that was the hardest thing i have ever been through. Since she passed away i have been thinking alot and asking myself why. Why my mom why now? I haven't had any dreams/signs to let me know she is at peace and still watching over me. Do you have any advice on how i can connect with her? I've been talking to her out loud, but can she hear me? Im just looking for any sign that can comfort me and help me accept the fact that eventhough shes not here in body she is still here in spirit. I would always read your blogs when your mom passed and could never imagine the pain of losing your mother but now i know. I can now understand the hurt and the pain, the good days and the bad ones. I am truely sorry for your loss. ty206

Cheri22 said...

Mindy - I think that what your father is trying to tell you.. is that it was his "time" to go.. I think that you play the scenario each time, thinking if there was only something that could have been.. noticed sooner.. prevented.. and what he is telling you.. that no matter what, it would still have happened.. it was his "time".. So take comfort in the email as confusing as it was, he wants you to be "at peace".

"ty206" again I know your pain and the service is the hardest. Your mom is close, but because she feels the need to comfort many, shes stretching herself "thin" (which is definately something she did while alive as well). Becuase of "being everywhere at once" the energy is a bit "lower" and harder to pick up.. your grieve is still strong which also makes you sleep heavier. So you might not realize her brief visits into your dreams or her comings and goings.

For her service did you guys use what I would say is a "spring flower"? Something big, and either pink or orange? She gives me the impression that they smelled wonderful!

Give it a few more weeks for things to settle. That will be the time when you feel her the most.

Before you goto bed tonight, tell her you need her to come to you in a dream, and that you want to remember when you wake up. Say it three times:) I know she will try her best

Stacy said...

Wow. Thank you so much for posting this experience. My partner's grandfather is in the care of hopice now, and it's really difficult for her mother to cope with his imminent passing. I truly believe that her hearing what you had to say about your dreams about your mom, it will help her tremendously.

Personally, I remember vivid dreams of my grandmother. After she died, I would dream that she was alive but was dying and had to tell me some important messages. I remember that it totally freaked me out, but now it makes me think that maybe she was trying to connect with me.

ACrystalLilly said...

Cheri, Im so glad to know that you are here to share your experiences with all of us. I feel that its importance you can not measure. So I will say a simple Thank You.

Sometimes in my dreams of passed on loved ones they just appear and dont say anything... I would imagine that is just to tell me that they see what is going on and to give me support.

Unknown said...

Cheri -
I am always so happy that you post things about yoru mom reaching out to you. Last night my MIL and I were watching movies while the boys were at a concert.. and my one cat kept staring off into space. My MIL finally pushed the cat away saying he was freaking her out! I just looked over and saw how big his eyes were, turned to my MIL and told her that my mom must be watching the movies with us. :) It felt nice to have her here doing something fun.. cause most of my dreams about her have us arguing (our last conversation before she passed we were fighting about my sister and i think i still hold a lot of guilt about that)

I love how your mom always seems to have something nice to 'say' to you in your dreams... kinda makes me jealous!!!!
Danna

Lynn said...

I don't get dreams of my mom anymore. I would love that! Maybe i should "ask" for one before going to bed!

Wow your dream are interesting aren't they? LOL!

Jaclin said...

I get dreams every once in a while of loves ones. I am still waiting for my sons to come in my dreams so I can see them again. I miss them so much, it hurts more every day. I normally have nightmares, which suck lol I like the good ones with family I miss and we are able to speak to eachother again

Marijke said...

Wow, I just got total chills.
I have the weirdest dreams, and I should learn to write them down so that I can learn from them.
I'll start doing that now.
Thanks.
Marijke

kate said...

Reading your post brought back so many memories of when my Dad passed away, I had a lot of dreams back then (sixteen years ago). I wish I could dream about him more often, I miss him everyday.

Melissa said...

Again this brought back my mom...I've had dreams of her but in all of them I can never see her face but I know its her