Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stories of Inspiration and Journey!

I would like to start something new on Wednesdays. I want to recieve stories of inspiration, ones of ttc journeys or pregnancies. Possibly from people who have either tried for a long time, and found themselves unexpectantly pregnant, or how they had a long journey and the growth they experienced along the way.. I want inspirational stories, and would love to post at least one here every Wednesday! If your interested in appearing on my blog to give people positive outlook, inspiration and hope, I want to hear from you! Email cheri22@gmail.com and in the subject line please write "INSPIRATION" so I can locate it easier.

Here is the first inspiration storey, about my sister Jenn.

My sister Jen is now 28 years old. Shes been married now for over 2 years, and her and her husband recently decided to start trying for a baby. He has two children from a previous marriage, and had to have a reversal in December 2005. After trying on their own for over a year, they were told that he pretty much had 0 viable sperm. They both tried taking herbal remedies from a Natural path (horny goat weed, and false unicorn) and although those herbs hold high success, it was not so for them. January came, and my sister and her husband were told that they would be able to try IVF. They were told that the costs would reach up to about 10,000 (CAD) and that they did not qualify for a loan. My sister was obviously very upset. She decided to work her butt off for three months, two full time jobs, paid off 10,000 in debt just so that they could start IVF. In early March, they were told to start taking the medication for the begining of the IVF when she got her AF (Aunt flow=period=menstration) After two weeks and still no AF, she started to get a bit worried thinking it was the stress. Turns out, my sister was pregnant! She is currently 4 months along, and doing great. All U/S have come back looking good!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Awesome! I really enjoy these kinds of life stories. :)

yeli said...

I was part of Baby Zone for almost 2yrs and 1/2 before I move off the boards. Later I'm going to write you story about my TTC journey. I still waiting to receive the miracle of # 2, but through God I found the peace I was looking for; a few months ago. In july is going to be 3 yrs TTC. I know it's going to happen.
I sent you an email, but I know it's going to take you sometime before getting to it. That's ok.
God Bless!!
yeli

Lennuk said...

Congrats to your sister! Such a wonderful story. Gives lots of hope!
Will be back here for some hope and inspiration! Thanks!