Recent Posts

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Do you think it was Karma? lol

As most of you know, Wednesday I played "hookey" from work, basically saying I was sick and had to stay home. I knew that they were busy that day, but I know that the other girl could handle it and I wanted to be home working on my emails and getting them caught up. (which I managed to do 5 hours worth!!)

Well, today, I woke up, feelings slightly tired, my daughter was awake at 7:30am and raring to go. I told her I wanted to lie back down and set her up downstairs with the tv and her favorite shows. At 8:11am she came to tell me to get up (I hadn't really slept but lied there)

I decided to eat breakfast, it was 3 pieces of bread, I toasted them, then put slice cheese on them, and melted it in the microwave. I had taken this bread out of the freezer, but even after defrosting it, seemed a bit "weird". Oh well, took the toast with melted cheese downstairs to eat, and it tasted again "weird". I figured it was just me, and ate 2.5 pieces. It was not even an hour later, when I had to go back upstairs to lay down as I was feeling really nauseous. My daughter came up shortly after and laid on the bed with me. It was matter of minutes and had to run to the bathroom as fast as I could. There goes breakfast (okay I know, too much information! lol)

This was the first time during this pregnancy I actually got sick and starting to wonder if it was actually something to do with what I ate.

For the rest of the day, nothing tasted right, I ate crackers, I tried putting peanut butter on them (which tasted funny lol) and nothing was right. I felt exhausted. I had promised my daughter to take her to Toopy and Binoo. This was a show from treehouse tv that was playing in a city that would take me an hour drive. I tried talking her out of it, but she was already excited to go, so with reluctance, I did the drive. During the show (which I do have to say was quite entertaining, and my daughter informed me that it was the real toopy and binoo and not people dressed up, she can tell these sort of things according to her) I was feeling a bit off, but managed to hold myself together. After the show, she got her free playdoh, and we headed for home. The entire drive home I was so tired, I could barely keep my eyes open, and a few times thought I should pull to the side of the road and take a nap! lol

After arriving home at 4pm, told my daughter I needed a nap, got my husband from the garage (he likes tinkering in there) and headed to bed. It turns out I slept from 4pm till 6:30pm, when I had to drag my butt out knowing if I didn't I would sleep for alot longer and be up around 4am this morning.

Its now 10:00pm, and this is the first time I could look at the computer, let alone type and not feel worse, so today was a write off for me. My friend is taking my daughter tomorrow for a few hours, and I plan on being online working. I have also asked my mothers husband to "suspend" my site temporarily to allow me to catch up to the backlog of requests that I currently have in my inbox, so that people do not have to wait so long. I need to catch up and always feel so horrible if there is a delay in getting a response from me. So by taking my site down for a week, this will allow me to focus on the emails that have already come through and get them completed before new ones come into play.

So in regards to Karma, wondering if "pretending" sick yesterday, set me up to experience the real thing today! lol. (I do believe in what goes around comes around - but just joking with the karma and being sick - at least I hope it does not work that way ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! Just goes to show why you should lie about being sick! lol

Lynn said...

Awwww. Isn't that always the way it goes? Take care of yourself Cheri, hope you feel better soon! Here's to feeling better vibes and food tasting better vibes.