Recent Posts

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Experiences with connecting with loved ones..

I have mentioned a million times (okay maybe not that many but lots! lol) that we all have this gift and ability. That most times when you are "feeling" someone around you, and yet no one is there, its your ability picking up a loved one who has passed on and come for a visit.

Most times you can be doing laundry and feel like your being watched, only to turn your head and no one be there. Feeling a bit of a tingle around your neck or even up and down your arms as well. Usually you have a "thought" or memory pop in, about someone you knew/loved who passed over. Not intentionally but as you get back to work, tossing off your experience you had only moments before you think back fondly of this person.

I can tell you right now, that when things like this happen, its usually the loved ones way of letting you know that they are there. Most times, turning the lights off and on or moving something will send most of us into a running panic, so they try more subtle ways to get your attention. By sending you a "memory" or "triggering" a memory so that you can link them as being there. Its like giving you a hug, telling that they love you and thinking of you. So enjoy the experience, feel free to say hi (yes they can hear you) and thank them for the visit.

Someone named carol sent me this email with her experience, that I thought I would share. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.




I was reading your website about loved ones who have passed and thought I'd like to share my stories, if that's ok......

2.5 years ago my Dad passed over......he had a stroke and died later that day in the hospital......we were all there in the room with him when he passed......and for me it was the most surreal experience of my life...
I have never been blessed giving life......but for me helping him cross over was just as spiritual as I imagine giving birth would be......

I had never lost anyone that close before......when I went home that evening.....I said a prayer to let me know that he was ok......well.....when I woke up the next morning......the nightlite in my room flickered......and I knew he was letting me know he was ok......

like you, I have read many of Sylvia Browne's books and I know spirits are energy and can communicate thru electricity and I knew it was Dad saying he was ok.......it was very reassuring......there were alot of flickering lights in my home for the next two weeks after he passed.....and I always acknowledged him.....and just said thanks to him for letting me know he was ok........

he also comes to me fairly frequently in dreams.....and the communication is always telepathic......there are no words spoken between us, but we communicate with our thoughts....which is how I'm sure communication is on the other side.....
the afternoon after his funeral......I came home and fell asleep in a chair in the livingroom.......I had a dream that I was back in the viewing room at the funeral home......I was standing looking at my Mother as we waited to enter into the chapel and she said to me "Where's your father?"......and in the dream .....he was standing right behind her laughing and smiling and looking very healthy......as if he was playing a joke on her.......and telepathically he said to me......"I'm right behind you......watching over you".......
well,.... I told her the dream later......I think she want's to believe.......but has some doubts.......but I always tell her just to reinforce that he's watching over........

he also sends me little signs of significance and coincidence and these are extremely reassuring that he's still around on some level......watching over me and my Mum and siblings......music has always been very important in my life.....and quite often I'll hear a song on the radio that is significant to him, my mother or myself.......and I always quietly raise my eyes and say thanks for the sign......

in fact I can sense his presence right now looking over my shoulder as I type this letter to you......I quite often feel his presence when I'm on the computer......and was told by a medium that I went to see..... that spirits are drawn to computers because of the electricity........

well Cheri........I've taken enough of your time......thanks for letting me indulge my experience.......I just find it so fascinating that they can communicate with us..... if we just take the time to listen........and there's only so few people who can hear these stories and appreciate them for the significance they offer.......

thanks again.........

Carol

ps.....I would believe your daughters prediction about the fact that she'll be getting a little sister.......as you say....children are much more psychic than most adults......they haven't forgotten yet......

2 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

I actually barely knew my grandmother before she died. Three years after her death, after my son was born, I started feeling her all the time!

Anonymous said...

My grandmother died about 10 years ago and she's come to me in my dreams more than once. In my dreams she's flesh and bones and looks happy, always smilling, but has never said a word.
When my grandfather (her husband) had to be taken to hospital as he got really sick, she came to me twice in that same wk. I think she was trying that everything will be ok as he'll be joining her soon. He did a wk or 2 later. After that she only came to me once ... I was seeing her but then her face changed to my mums ... Since then I haven't seen her in my dreams. I miss her very much but I know that she's watching over me.
Aggie (aggs75)