Recent Posts

Monday, October 8, 2007

For those of you who suffer with PCOS

I wanted to pass some information along that I was told from someone who suffers from PCOS. I thought that if it worked for her, perhaps other women might try it and have just as much success with it as she did. What I have done is copied and pasted the information below as she wrote it in her email.

"The brand I used is Nature Made Soy Balance. They come in 65mg tabs. I think the dose that is normal to start with is 80 mg and I've seen ladies go up to 200mg (like clomid, the right dose varies person to person). I actually just start with the 65mg tab right before bed on CD 6-10. Ideally, you would take it the same CD days you take Clomid CD 3-7, 5-9 etc. But if the lower dose worked for me on CD 6-10 then I guess it can work any days with any dose depending on your body. Because of my weight I assumed I would need to move on to the higher dose - but I got my BFP. :) Some women report headaches while taking soy- I didn't notice anything different at all. Soy does make most women ovulate later in their cycle, I O'd on CD 28. My cycles are always long though so this was not surprising. It's probably worth mentioning that soy is not a magic pill...women who ovulate on their own normally may/may not benefit from it. It's used best when the woman is not ovulating on her own/normally. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'd love to spread the word about my success using soy. I had unprotected sex for 7 years and the very first cycle I took soy I ovulated and got pregnant"
Amber

If you have any questions, I am sure that I can ask Amber, and possibly get her to answer it for you. As always, please consult your DR before trying something that might or might not interfer with things that you are already taking.
As for the update, I am feeling a bit better, I have gotten a few tricks now thanks to alot of people posting. I plan on looking for the seaband things here, and going and picking up some gingerale and gingersnap cookies today. I have some peppermint candy here and will start with those things. This morning I have felt a bit better, not nearly as bad as it was yesterday and almost everyday last week.

Our turkey dinner was last night. We had about 12 Adults, and 3 kids come for dinner (includes me and my husband and our daughter) and my mother in law made dinner. She ended up spilling over the gravy onto the stove and "TOLD ME" that I was going to be the one to clean it up. Usually this irks me (her TELLING me what to do) but because she made dinner I just said nothing. You might find other posts here of me telling that my Mother in law drives me crazy at times. I know she means well, but she can be overbearing, demanding, and sometimes just rubs me the wrong way.

I'll be back online tonight and answering hopefully tons of emails!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

My prenatal upset my stomach too. I started taking it at night and it worked so much better for me.