Recent Posts

Friday, October 5, 2007

Feeling BLAHHHHHHH!!!!

As most of you know, I am pregnant with baby number two. By my calculations i am about half way through my eighth week. I for the last few days/week have been feeling really nauseous and today was one of those days that I wish I could have just lied in bed all day or at least in front of the couch.

I find that when I eat, I feel better for a little bit, but starting to realize that I need to eat more often but smaller meals. My "normal" regular sized meals for breakfast/lunch/dinner leave me feeling just as sick, and not really able to eat it all. I feel "stuffed". So, I think that I am going to try and eat smaller meals but more often and see if that takes the edge off the nausea. I am all ears for any solutions! I have yet to puke (knock on wood) but certainly close!

This weekend is going to be busy. I am not sure if most of you know, but this weekend (monday specifically) is Canada's Thanksgiving weekend. We are celebrating our dinner on Sunday instead of monday and should have about 12 people over for the dinner. It should be fun. My MIL will more than likely do the turkey for me as I probably wont really be feeling 100% and certainly don't want to be sticking my hand up a turkeys you know where when certain things already make me gag! lol (including my tooth brush)

I had a birthday party tonight for my friend to attend. We went to a restaurant called Red Robin with a bunch of family/close friends. My daughter (4 years old) was VERY well behaved, I was really impressed. I ordered what appeared to be like a taco salad. I am very into eating beans right now (so would love any recipes anyone cares to share) and it said it would come with tortilla strips and black beans. My meal arrived (half an hour after we all ordered) and there was NO Tortilla strips and barely any black beans. You really had to look for them. I was disappointed. I asked about the tortilla chips, they ran out, so I requested some garlic bread. What I got was two barely cooked pieces of bread (with edges burnt) and a PILE of garlic type butter! DISGUSTING! To make an already long storey short, he brought me some nacho tortilla chips things and I put it in my salad which did make a huge difference!

Tomorrow, I have a baby shower to attend as well as take my daughter to swimming lessons and my sisters house, so I will be back online tomorrow night.

So if anyone has any tips on beating the nauseous feeling or even how to get rid of all this gas I keep getting I am all ears! I don't like feeling sick!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suck on a peppermint. That always helps my stomach.

Choco Mama said...

I heard that Sea Bands (which are originally used for seasickness) helo with the nausea a lot. All of the pregnant women I know swear by them!

Chele said...

The only thing that worked for me was drinking warm coca-cola through a straw. Sea Bands did help me at the end of my pg with Jake when he was so active that the doctor said he was giving me MOTION sickness.

Herblore.com makes a tea for morning sickness that my cousin swears by.

Chele

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Thank goodness ours isn't until late November and I still have plenty of time to plan and prepare. Everyone will be here this year as well.

Memarie Lane said...

Peppermint oil helps, if you don't wnat to actually eat something minty. Just smelling it helps. Also ginger tea or mint tea. And to prevent it, try eating whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter and bananas (not together necessarily). Don't wait to get hungry, eat often, small meals like you said. Always eat a banana at bedtime. Not only will it keep your stomach busy to prevent the nausea, the boost of potassium right before bed helps prevent those awful leg cramps so many of us get during pregnancy. Good luck!

Jamie said...

I had severe nausea from 8 weeks-32 weeks. I was one of the "lucky" women that had morning sickness for most of the pregnancy.

I made it through thanks to my Sea-Bands! Luckily I had ordered them shortly after I found out I was pregnant (M/S with my girls was bad and I wanted to be prepared this time around) so I had them when m/s decided to pop up at eactly 8 weeks, which was also the day we were leaving for a 12 hour drive out of town for the Christmas holiday.

I went from feeling like I couldn't move without puking my brains out to being able to eat, sleep, and ride in the car comfortably.

The sea-bands worked great up until the end of my second trimester when I finally asked for and received Zofran.

The only thing about the Sea-Bands is that they work on certain accupressure points so you have to make sure they're placed correctly. The times I didn't feel relief within 15 minutes after putting them on I would reread the directions and readjust...felt better right away!

I got my on eBay but I've seen them in pharmacies around here also.

I hear Ginger works well for M/S, I myself craved Ginger Snaps during pregnancy with BB...don't know if that counts or not, lol.

I hope you feel better soon!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Brenyasmom said...

Sour candy got me through the worst of my ms. I had sweet tarts, sour starburst anything sour took away the edge of the nausea.