Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I need "help"! lol

For the past week or just a bit less, I have been getting alot of emails from "maelor' deamons. I am not sure if I spelled that right, but basically an email telling me that my emails are not going through and being returned to sender! First of all, the emails that are being bounced back are NOT sent from me, and are more spam than anything. So I have no idea how someone is able to use my cheri22@gmail.com email address and attach it to their email to make it "appear' That I am sending this out when I am not. I have verified in my gmail through multiple of the emails that I am NOT sending it so confident that I do not have a virus and that someone does not have access to my account. I do not send out spam at all, nor have anything to do with the product or service that they are trying to advertise (I think it has something to do with an online university! lol.) Each time an email comes in as undeliverable, I have to mark it was "spam" so that it notifies gmail, but honestly, seems like ALOT of emails (7-10 everytime I check) are being labeled this way so no idea how many are being sent.

So, how do I go about putting a stop to this? Is there any way to contact gmail and let them know what is happening? Can I up security of any kind to put a stop to this? Its more annoying than anything and would hate to think that any of my clients are receiving spam labeled from me when it in fact is NOT!

I am still looking for stories of inspiration, stories of encounters...etc. Positive stories, to add to Wednesdays posts. As previously mentioned I do trade a prediction bypass (8.00 value) for your storey if posted. You can post as "anon" if you wish so when I post your storey I can leave out your name if it makes it easier:) If interested, email cheri22@gmail.com with "storey" in the subject line for me to locate it easier.

1 comments:

Choco Mama said...

Cheri,
Have you verified that any spam is actually getting to other people? I used to get tons of those emails, but they were messages that I never sent. They were just fake emails from random places. Is this the kind of stuff you're talking about, or do the "returned" emails actually have the addresses of people that you've sent prediction correspondence to? While annoying, they are hramless, unless you open them up and click on attachments or something.

I probably still do get them, but they all go to my junk filter now. I know it may not be that easy for you since you have to let emails come in from people or you might miss one. Sorry I can;t be of more help.