Recent Posts

Monday, March 31, 2008

I just dont do "scary" anymore!

Well, I have finally decided that I am no longer going to watch scary movies, like horror flicks based on my last nights dream. I know that alot of dreams can be windows to your soul and what your feeling or needing to work on, but why can't it be a pleasant happy dream rather than one that your so glad you woke up, and not wanting to go back to sleep after!



Last night, I dreamt that I was being chased. (those are the fun ones right!) and I was with my friends Michelle and Melanie, and our families had been turned into these "demon" like creatures. They were chasing us, wanting to eat us and turn us into them. We ran into this cabin of some sort (alot of my dreams feature a cabin lately!) and "they" showed up. They seemed to be distracted, we convinced them to wait a few hours before trying to eat us as we wanted to do something nice for them first. When everyone seemed to be distracted, we headed out the door and down the mountain. There was snow so we decided to stop and get some snow boots on, and put on cross country skis so we could go faster. Now, the boots I wanted to put on, I knew that I needed size 18 boots and the ones that were supposed to be that size where light purple. There was only ONE in that size, and the rest were oddly shaped, and in an orange/beige color. I figured I didn't care, would put on one of each even if the other was too big, and just make due as I was desperate to get out of there. All of us were panicking that it was taking too long to get everything together, and that we would not make it out in time. I got the boots on, grabbed a scarf and decided to grab a second scarf and wrap it around as well. Then my mittens were on, and I noticed my friend michelle filling up a back pack up with food, but was putting in boxes of cereal! We new at this time we were really cutting it close, and I started to panic...this is when I woke up! I was so glad I did! It was now 4:30am at this point and I was tempted to just stay away as I did not want to fall back asleep and start off where I left off! It probably took me about 30 minutes to fall back asleep but it was not a good one, woke up a few times of course, and eventually got up for the day at 7:30am for work. I still remember this dream vividly in my mind, so figured I would write about it here, give you all a laugh and "dissect" it for you all. I use http://www.dreammoods.com/ to interpret my dreams and I do have a dream diary that i have. A great friend made it for me, and I keep all the "odd' Dreams written in there with their interpretation. (dreammoods was down today, so used http://www.thecuriousdreamer.com/)



So, for the fun of it, here is what it has to say!



"18"
Dreaming about age 18 can represent newness, beginning a phase, making a fresh start; or responsibility, freedom, self-sufficiency, validation. It could also mean there are things you need to learn through experience (learn the hard way), as is often true at age 18.


"boots"
The image or impression you present to others as you make forays into the world, work with others, and accomplish things in the world around you. Your visibility to others as you go about your business in the world.

"purple"
The color purple can mean a sense of royalty or distinction, fun, richness of life, or a sense of individuality and not afraid to be yourself and express yourself.



"Snow"
The idea of covering up, blanketing, hiding or obscuring what lies beneath.


"Scarf"
Pay attention to the scarf, bandana, ascot, etc., its context (for example, which body part it covers), and its role in the dream (for example and its characteristics, such as color). Possible meanings include:
Protection, obscuring, or disguising what is represented by the body part the scarf is covering

(neck)Something that connects two significant things together—as a person's neck connects the head and body
A bottleneck or slowdown in a process
A person's voice, personal expression, expression of opinions, etc.
Vulnerability, as the neck is one vulnerable area of the body
Sensuality, sensitivity, beauty, or grace

"gloves"

Self-protection, as in protecting one's self from others' cold or negative emotions the way gloves protect a person from cold temperatures
The masking of a person's identity or true motivations (as gloves mask a person's uniquely identifying fingerprints)
A person's denial of their own humanness or unique self, such as trying to feel no compassion or trying to act anonymously




"Scared"
Feelings in dreams often represent themselves, although the subconscious mind may be exaggerating them in the dream. For instance, if you are feeling angry or happy during a dream, you are likely truly angry or happy about what's happening in the dream—and also about what it represents in real life.
The feelings of people other than yourself in your dream can represent feelings you're imagining, expecting, or fearing—especially when the person is someone you know in real life



"Cabin"
A house, apartment, flat, or any place of residence often represents you or your life, even if the dream residence does not resemble your actual residence. The events in the dream residence may represent events in your life. A house can also represent security, comfort, protection, familiarity, or belonging.
Also consider the mood and condition of the house (a dreary house might represent depression or sadness, a house with missing windows might represent personal boundary issues, etc.) and anything that particularly stands out about the house

For me, its taken awhile to try and relate this to what is happening in my life, but I really do think that I have figured it out. My friend Michelle needs to return to work in September as her Mat leave is up. I will be on mat leave myself and she was wanting me to watch her daughter (5 years) and her other daughter (will be 1 at the time) and to be honest, I am not sure how well I will do. I love being around kids, both of her kids are amazing and well behaved, just not sure how it will go with a 1 year old and my 4 month old. (my baby should be around 4 months when this takes place) I've agreed to at a min of 2 days a week, our two soon to be 5 year olds play amazing together and will both be in school (kindergarten) at least part of the day. We have talked about it numerous times, but I dont think that I have mentioned how nervous/worried/scared how this will all work out!

In a previous reading that Brooke777 and Cheri Mancuso have given me, both have seen me working with children in the near future. I at the time thought there was no way I could run a "daycare" with everything else on top of this, but perhaps this is the situation that they are referring to?

I believe that the interpretation of the cabin, in my dream is a "Safe" and secure/happy place could be an indication that things will work out okay and that I should not be worried/scared as I am right now. Its hard to plan for the unknown. Not sure if my baby will be colicky! Gosh, I dont know how you all do it with twins!! I am worried about a one year old and a 4 month old and how I will be able to balance everything!

If anyone else has any interpretations of their own they want to throw in, or tips/tricks on being able to do the 4month/1year old lol, I am all ears!

I do know that the "basis" of this dream does seem to be similar to that of "I am Legend" with Will Smith. We watched it the week before so I think that it had something to do with how "scary" this dream was. Remind me that I do not want to watch scary movies anymore!

0 comments: