Recent Posts

Monday, March 10, 2008

I think that its just going to be one of those days....

Today I just feel kinda emotional. I dont really have anything to be emotional about, usually a very positive person, but today just seem to be affected by things on a deeper level. Perhaps I am tired, it was definitely hard to get up this morning with losing that one hour of sleep. We had to do the time change on Saturday night, which I had forgotten about until Sunday morning, so lost an hours of sleep, even though I had tried to goto bed an hour earlier.

My daughter too found it hard to get out of bed this morning, but I guess being younger certainly helps you keep up the energy levels alot easier than being 31!

This weekend was okay, yesterday my "lovely" mother in law called AGAIN (did I mention she calls pretty much every day?) and asked my husband what he was doing yet again. Almost like she has to keep a daily tally on where he is and what he is doing and with whom. Then proceeds to ask what myself and my daughter were doing. At this point, my husband had just woken up and had not asked me of our plans for the morning. So she said if we were not doing anything to give her a call and she would come over. So, would anyone like to take a guess as to if I called her back or not? Yesterday I managed to get the rest of the baby clothes washed and folded, now sitting in the baby room to be put into the dresser. Even though I am not due until May 28th, I have still managed to get into a bit of a nesting habit. Keeping the house extra clean, getting babies room ready. I just need to get the crib off my sister and buy a mattress and I can set the rest of the room up!

From when my daughter was born until now, I have kept EVERY piece of clothing she has ever owned and stored it. Based on u/s saying this baby too is a girl, I started on Thursday going through all the bins/boxes and taking out what I wanted to keep, and putting the rest all in a pile. This left me 5 GARBAGE BAGS FULL of clothes from newborn to size 4 that I will not be using for this baby, and still leaving me plenty of clothes for the baby that is coming. Can anyone else tell that I went overboard? Wondering how many others have done the same thing, or will more than likely when their firsts arrive.

As for emotional, could be over tired, could be pregnancy hormones, or both, just feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat, feel bad for my sister, who is trying to run her own cleaning business, and my Aunt is always complaining, trying to make things more difficult, and yet my sister puts up with it. Would love it if MIL does not call today. My husband now works out of a different shop (used to work from our garage) so she can't just pop over at our house anymore!! (YEA!!!) and can't just call our house, she would have to call his cell phone, which means I dont even have to know that she called! Did I mention I get annoyed just seeing her number on the call display? Thats how badly this woman affects me.

She came over on Thursday to help me go through baby stuff and arrange things (which was nice of course) but she looked at me, and asked me if I was bigger now (at 29 weeks) Than when I was about to give birth to my daughter, as she said I look it :(. I explained that I had only gained 22lbs so far with this pregnancy, and was 35lbs when I gave birth to my daughter. I would love it if this woman just kept her opinions to herself. She doesn't seem to think about how it affects other people. I always agree that to each their own, and its just an opinion, but when your opinion is always negative, and not going to benefit the other person at all, then why say it?

Updated pregnancy picture to follow

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like one rough day. We all have those emotional days, but somehow we keep dragging on. Keep your head up...this too shall pass.