Recent Posts

Sunday, March 16, 2008

So mad I could spit fire!

Lets start from the beginning. I have an almost 5 year old daughter, when shes was a bit older and starting to outgrow her stuff, my cousin got pregnant. I passed on my stuff to her with the knowledge that it would be returned to me in similar condition. My daughter and her son are 1 year (EXACTLY) apart.

I gave her my maternity pants (2 pairs) my maternity pillow for breastfeeding, my bassinet for the baby to sleep in, and my long sleeping pillow while pregnant to alleviate some of the discomfort while sleeping.

She finished her pregnancy and apologized that she wrecked my maternity pants. Then proceeded to "replace' them with a different pair in a smaller size (that I could not wear even when not pg!)

I continuously asked for the last 3 years for my bassinet back (as her youngest is now 2) and she gave me excuse after excuse. Being the nice person that I am, I took her word for it. First time was put in storage with her moms stuff and could not access, then it was in her moms back bedroom buried..etc. So when pregnant with baby number 2 myself right now I asked again for it back. This time she burst into tears and finally admitted to me, that it was ruined, and had somehow gotten battery acid on it, and shes been looking ever since so she could replace it.

Dont know where my body pillow is or was, or even my breastfeeding pillow.. I have learned my lesson with this cousin, and have not lent her anything now in regards to NOTHING. I dont get it back, or when I do, its wrecked.

So, after she apologized again, she offered me her daughters crib (who is now in a toddler bed) As my sister is currently using the one i had for my daughter, I accepted the offer and considered us "even", and left it at that.

Well, my sister and her husband picked up the crib and just brought it out to me today. I am so disappointed its not even funny, and then kicking myself cause honestly what did I expect? The crib is trashed, gouges everywhere, it smells like smoke (my dh and I both are NON smokers) and there is white stuff all over it. I would literally have to scrub this thing from top to bottom, possibly not get the smell out, and to top if all off, there are no screws for the crib! So I can't even put it together.

Now I know "beggars can't be choosers" and it could have come in worse shape, and there are I am sure people with alot worse cribs that had no choice but to use it. But I would rather not use it. I dont want my baby to sleep in a smoke smelling crib, that will be soaked in chemicals just in the hopes of cleaning it, not to mention having to mickey mouse it with screws that dont even go for the bed. This could be just my pregnancy hormones kicking in, and its more than likely not a big deal, but after factoring everything that has happened with all of my stuff, to get something in this shape was kinda insulting. She could have at least cleaned it!

Sorry to vent, just need to get it out. I think I am just going to head over to sears or walmart and just buy a crib thats hopefully not expensive. I also just talked to my dh on the phone letting him know how upset I was, and he too feels the same way. He says its a piece of you know what!

7 comments:

Italianissima said...

Oh no! That is the WORST! Have you tried looking on Craig's List for a crib? Sometimes you can find great stuff there. Also I know alot of churches have garage or yard sales the sunday after easter - there could be some good stuff there as well. Good luck!

Stacie said...

I would be upset, too. I would also check Craig's list or maybe ebay for a nice replacement. It would sure beat having to pay full price for another crib since it looks like the one she gave you won't work.

Stacie said...

Oh, and I got my cribs from JCpenny at half off and free shipping. You could check them, too.

neila said...

I agree, I love craigslist and ebay. I've noticed at walmart and JCPennys, etc. everything is on sale right now. I think it's because "new" stock is coming in and they are getting rid of the 2007 stuff. I might work out better for you. I would want something brand new. I would return the crib to her and tell her it's to filthy to use. I'd be so mad, too. She sounds very inconsiderate and selfish.

Lynn said...

I'd be spitting mad too. I have noticed too in the flyers sometimes Zellers or Walmart has baby week and their items are on sale. Or look in the want ads in your local paper. I think maybe your cousin should by you a new one. Just my opinion.

neila said...

What did you decide to do about the crib situation? Did you give her the crib back and tell her it was junk? :)

Audrey said...

I would be LIVID. Hopping off walls and tearing hair out of my head.

That's incredibly obnoxious of her.