Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dont let life pass you by...

I know that for most people as we age, the common theme is "where did all the years go?" And its more apparent as our own children age, our parents age, people pass on and so forth, and we are often left reminiscing about how the time just flew by.

I find this to be most common when people reach their 30's, and then again with each passing number (ie 40,50,60 etc) I know my husband for one was freaked right out to turn 30, and will freak out again as he gets just that bit older. Me, turning 30 was okay, I celebrated, accepted it, and enjoyed it. This year (JUNE) I turn 32, and again, trying to put it into a positive perspective rather than freak out about getting older.

Most people dont even realize how fast time is going by, usually just sticking to their routine, their days filled with kids, work, family..etc. Its often "middle age" that sees us unrest or "lost", not knowing if we are on our path, doing what we should be doing etc, and often at this time we are feeling lost or out of place.

There is nothing wrong with making changes in your life and seeing where that road leads you. Its time like these that you need to stop "and smell the roses" so to speak and just take a break. Ensure that you take time for yourself, as I really feel that this is important to help keep us on track. So make sure to do something for you, you can even find a hobby that interests you and take great pride in spending time with it on top of everything else you do. Nothing wrong with even including your family or friends if that is what would make you happiest:)

I also want people to try not to procrastinate as much. Always putting things off because there is not enough time, money, patience ...(insert various excuse here) Perhaps setting a goal for yourself to do something that you have always wanted to do, and start making plans to do it.. not for "next week" or "next month", but setting a specific "deadline' for it to happen. Get things done. I am a procrastinator myself, but have trying to change things, and you know what? I feel more organized, more focused, more in control and on the right path than I have in years. I dont have all the answers, but I certainly feel I am taking the step in the right direction.

I guess the basis of this post is to accept change, do not fear it. Do not just go through life and just live, but actually LIVE your life. Perhaps then in 10,20,30years, you wont be asking "where did time go?" but actually have the memories, the laughter and the love, to show for it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice message to read on a busy, tasks-to-get-done kind of a day.

Cheers to that!