Recent Posts

Monday, April 14, 2008

Have you ever noticed

That people seem to come back into your life just when you thought that they were gone or just when you needed them the most?

I am sure that everyone has had someone that they met before, really connected with, just to have something happen and have them go out of their lives for one reason or another. It always seems to happen just when you need them the most as well.

I think that this goes for everyone. I know that for me, its happened quite a few times, for example, I went to this place that I had a coupon for. I booked my appt to have my hair re-highlighted and was for a specific thursday. Something happened where I had to call back and cancel. The woman on the phone asked me if it had to be with the person originally I was booked for. As I did not have a hair dresser at that specific location, I told her it really did not matter. She rescheduled me for that friday with herself.

I get there, and we instantly connect. Shes so funny, polite, and really into spirituality as I am. Shes taking numerous courses, reiki, holistic healing..etc. and has a wide range of interests in this field. I was excited to find a "friend" that lived in the same city with similar interests and understood my gifts and could access her own. We emailed a few times back and forth and then it just disappeared. I was disappointed at first, but understanding know that things happen for a reason.

Fast forward to a month ago, my daughter and I have been going to this new hair salon place close by (the other one closed and is something else) and we have an appt with someone named Michelle. We get there, and lo and behold is Christy. My friend that I was mentioning above about. She does not work at this new salon, was moving to a city about 20 min and had offered to help out Michelle for this particular day and ended up getting myself and my daughter as her clients. She vowed to keep in touch, commented herself about "fate" and us meeting up again. So far have not heard from her, but what will be will be right?

I do believe that life has funny ways of connecting people for a reason, and its up to you whether you "accept' this connection now, or if it will come in again at a later date.

This also happened with myself and my husband. Meeting up in a bar we dated for 3 months, when he moved and my cell phone got disconnected. He had lost his phone book so did not have my home number, and so it was gone. I was heart broken. After three months had gone by, a friend and myself went to a comedy club. We ended up being late for the early show so bought tickets to the later show. When you do this, they allow you in the club next door for free. So off we go, killing an hours of time before going to the comedy club. My friend wants us to request a song to play, so I walk to the bartender in search of a pen/paper, and who do I see sitting at a table with his friends? Yep, my husband! (we weren't husband/wife at the time though! lol) there is alot more to this storey than I have time to explain, but I always feel that things will come as they should. That although you might miss one opportunity its always bound to circle again when its meant to be. That people often connect with us in regards to life paths, the lessons we need to learn and so forth, and if your not "ready" for it at the moment and it passes, chances are its going to come again at the "right" moment.

I guess what makes it really stand out is in the first instance, Christy was "not" supposed to be there. She does not work there technically, and wasn't scheduled to be there that day, but offered her help and ended up working the exact same day/time that my daughter and I were to be there. With my husband, had I made it on time to the comedy club, I would NOT have been in the bar next door where he happened to show up. I really do feel things happen for a reason.

Most times its the same person that will come into your life, other times it might be someone else, but similar situation. I find that you can also put out to the universe what you are looking for and most times it has a way of finding you. Like what "the secret" tries to tell you, the "laws of attraction"..etc. I think that most people will pass it off as coincidence, but for me.. I think that its more than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri,

I have noticed that people have a way of coming in and going out of our lives. It’s like a ta-da moment that happens when you meet back up with someone. Makes me smile. Sometimes I have a hard time “accepting” when people come into my life, but when I finally accept people, they are and have been some of the best relationships that I have ever had. Like these people get me, really get me. And to get me, is not an easy task…haha. I also find that your blog posts, for the most part, strike a cord with me. It’s like the motivation that I need to keep going when I lose some of my “strength” or determination. It’s almost like you are talking to me, but I know your not. Maybe that’s the whole circle of life, when you need something; it always finds you in some way, shape or form. Thanks.

Cheri22 said...

Hi Anon

I do have to agree with your comment in relation to what you said. I too find that when your feeling a bit "off' life has a way of trying to cheer you up. I believe that its not just your guides trying to send things your way, but also your loved ones who are trying to help as well. They have ways of trying to "alter" things when your specifically asking for help, looking for signs, or need to be cheered up:)
Thanks for sharing:)