Recent Posts

Monday, April 28, 2008

Spent an hour in the hospital tonight....

It all started yesterday. My back on both sides started to hurt. I figured I had aggravated my muscle from coughing so much, and tried today to take it easy, not cough if I could help it! Heck, I didn't even do any housework!

My friend, and her two daughters were coming for dinner tonight, we all had spaghetti. I had finished loading the dishwasher with plates, and had a slight cough. I had put my left hand on my left back side where its been hurting the most, trying to take some pressure off from when I cough, and felt a pop sound. Immediately I was in PAIN. I could barely walk, I couldn't talk, I could barely breathe. I felt like I was going to pass out. My friend went downstairs and got my husband. He thought I had pulled a muscle and wanted me to sit down.. I couldn't even do that! I was literally in tears. The more pain I was in, the harder I seemed to cry which just made it worse. We decided to drive to the hospital to make sure that it was not something "serious".

Drove up to emergency, and they didn't even register me, just told me to go right up to labor and delivery. The nurse hooked me up to the machine, asked me questions about how I hurt myself and said she felt it was going to be a pulled muscle, but they would have the dr to come in to be sure.

After about 45 minutes of waiting, the dr came in and said it was a pulled muscle, that there was not much they can do, baby seemed to be fine and that if I wanted, he would give me a shot of morphine to take away the pain and prescribe me tylenol 3s. As I am someone who tries not to take anything even when not pregnant, I asked him if I could skip the morhphine and only have the tylenol 3 if needed. (mostly just to take some of the pain away so I could actually function.)

So now i am here at home, still in pain, a bit drowsy from the two tylenol 3s he gave me, and feeling hot. I can honestly say, that having brochitis, and then "coughing up a lung" is not fun! Wish me luck for tomorrow that I can get a somewhat decent sleep and not nearly in as much pain tomorrow. Not to mention, keeping your fingers crossed that I can ignore myself and not cough my head off (which makes the pain even worse!)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Cheri, I'm sorry you had a scare and happy it was just a pulled muscle! Take the Tylenol 3 if you have to. I am also one that hates taking medications but in those last few weeks of pregnancy, with a very low baby and contractions that I was feeling...bad...already I was also given Tylenol 3 which helped me a lot.

I popped on to say "You were right!" again. Back in 24 I got a prediction from you about a possible move. You said, among other things, that you did not see us moving....you were right! It was decided in the recent past that we are in fact, NOT moving!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that nothing serious was wrong with either you or the baby, i understand that being sick isnt a bed of roses either. I hope you get better soon.
victoria