Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Can anyone else not handle scary movies?

I have never really been a person to want to watch horror flicks. When I was a teen, my friend and I would rent things that would be "scary". I remember renting something called "stuff" and the Friday the 13th movies, as well as nightmare on elm street. I was the one always hiding behind my hand trying not to look. I even remember watching a movie with my sister in law, and the person at the beginning of the movie was a girl, and she crawled out from the inside of the tv, It was set to the part where there is no picture but just the awful noise and the "white snow" screen. That show creeped me out! I was so ready to walk out of the theatre.

I am not sure why, but now, there is no way I can watch things like that. I have at times sat with my husband who finds it funny, and I just seem to get jumpy and freaked out. I will NOT watch scary movies at home alone either. Every little noise freaks me out.

I find that since I already have vivid dreams as it is, that when watching something like this, I tend to have even crazier dreams and they are often scary!! Did I mention I don't do scary? lol.

I took baby back to the dr AGAIN. Two nights in a row she was up from 11pm till 3am, and the next night from around 11pm till 1:30am, crying, and upset. Dr says she has ANOTHER ear infection. This is the second one in like 3 weeks :( He said her adenoids (spelled wrong?) are large and every time she gets a cold, will end up with an ear infection. So we are trying something that will hopefully shrink the adenoids and prevent future ear infections! From the first time I gave her the antibiotics, shes been her normal self and slept through thank goodness! For those of you who have had children with constant ear infections, or those of you who as kids who had constant ear infections, what works good as a way to try and limit the amount of ear infections or colds?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

My daughter got ear infections constantly from probably the same age as your daughter is now. So from about 7 months to about age 6 (she hasn't had one for a long time knock on wood) she would get them on and off. One year she had and infections 3 months in a row. I finally had to take her to a ear, nose and throat doctor who suggested that she should get tubes in her ears. She also had enlarged tonsils. They wouldn't take them out unless she had conistent tonsilitis. I hymed and hawed at the tubes and I was worried that this might hinder her hearing (a slight chance of complications) all in all I didn't do it and she eventually grew out of it. If she still carried on this way I probably would have done the tubes as antibiotics probably would be useless. (They say the tubes eventually fall out). Sorry not much help but that was my experience.

Lynn

ashley1723 said...

Hi Cheri, I'm 19 and I remember as a kid having to get tubes. I was getting ear infections every other week and also strep throat and finally, my parents decided to do the tubes. I don't really remember much about the surgery but I know it helped alot. And yes, they do eventually just fall out so there's not going to be multiple surgeries inserting and removing them:)
Good Luck!