Recent Posts

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Wish For A New Baby (Poem)

I found this poem online and thought it was very nice! Thought I would share!

A Wish For A New Baby

I wished upon a star...
I closed my eyes and prayed,
I threw a shiny penny,
into a well each day.

The same little wish was wished,
upon my birthday cake
I asked the Lord... Please hurry,
just for heaven's sake!

I was trying to be patient,
but I had waited long enough
my wishing well with pennies,
was now completely stuffed!

I would start and end my days
repeating the same prayer,
I knew that up in heaven,
they could see I really cared.

Just when I thought I couldn't,
bear another day
it is then that I learned,
you were on your way.

All the prayers and wishes,
finally did come true
The blessing God gave me,
was my pregnancy with you!

8 comments:

Krystal said...

I love it! Definitely appropriate for a lot of us.

Lemise said...

Happy Mothers Day xx

susan_2424 said...

Beautiful! Happy mothers day!

Anonymous said...

I love it. It did make me tear up at tho. Happy Mother's Day!

Niki said...

I love this!

dragondreamer said...

Absolutely beautiful, Cheri :)

Mrs Shands said...

definitely holding back tears on that one...

so many of us daydream every single day about this

Anonymous said...

I love this poem.. its beautiful! :)

Mandy P