Recent Posts

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another successful pregnancy!!!

One of my clients agreed to share her storey! Please read and know that even when things like its just not going to happen... anything is possible! Don't give up hope!


Dear Cheri:
I am writing to let you know that after a year and 1/2 of trying, six months of infertility meds and countless tears, my husband and I found out we are pregnant. I was diagnosed with PCOS in January of 2009 after I could not get pregnant for 6 months and my period was very irregular. I began infertility meds- Clomid and Ovidrel- in March and continued taking them until August. When they didn't work I decided to give it a break and start IVF in January 2010.
During this time I continued reading your blog, followed your advice and started your positive thinking techniques which included watching "The Secret" and writing positive things on my mirror and reading them to myself daily (or every time I walked by). On my mirror I hung four little sticky notes which read: "I will get pregnant in 2009", "I will have a baby in 2010", "I will be a mom because with God all things are possible", "IVF will work for me".

I kept thinking of having a baby, I began to relax during intercourse instead of stressing out whether it will work or not and I began praying and talking to God. On December 7th I woke up with cramps and terribly sore breasts. I thought that my period was about to come and it didn't. I complained of the soreness (I never had sore breasts as a symptom of a period before) to my best friend who is currently 7 months pregnant and she told me to test. I laughed and said it's impossible, 6 months of infertility meds didn't work, what would make her think that I was pregnant naturally?
Yet, I ran home on my lunch break and tested- 1st test- positive faint line, 2nd test- positive darker line, 3rd test positive plus sign, 4th test- a digital read PREGNANT. I could not believe my eyes- I cried like a little girl for a few minutes and after I stopped shaking I called my doctor who had me come in for blood work the next day. Blood results confirmed the pregnancy and I am today 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

I hope that anyone who reads my story doesn't give up hope. Positive thinking techniques work (and trust me it was hard for me to think positively @ 1st- I am a "the glass is half empty" kind of gal) but Cheri's blogs really helped me a lot, I learned not to take "no" for an answer and I learned that with a little hope, faith and positive thinking anything is possible.

I want to thank you Cheri for all the emails and words of encouragement you have sent my way. I really believe that God wanted me to learn to think positively and not be so impatient and in the end I got the best reward.
I hope that I have brought hope and encouragement with my letter. I hope everyone will keep me and my baby in your prayers and I will do the same for all of you.

Kate B.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

This is nice and I will get my bfp this year lol. I hope so. It has been four years already.

veronica d said...

Dear Katie,

Thank you for your inspiring story. You must be over the moon with excitement. I want to wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months and hope 2010 is your best year ever. I agree with you that Cheri has been such a source of hope and inspiration for us struggling with IF. Good luck and warmest regards.
Veronica D

Katrina said...

What a great story!

Kate B said...

Cheri-
Thanks for posting my story!

Thanks Veronica :)
I will keep all of you ladies in my prayers <3
Annnamp YOU WILL get pregnant this year- just keep saying that to yourself and it will come true!

brooke777 said...

Congratulations Kate! How wonderful! Amazing what a little positive thinking will do! Think it...FEEL it...MANIFEST it! :-)

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful and uplifting story. GL to you and have a H&H 9 months. Cheri said Boy/March for me and I can not wait. Praying that is my conception month verses birth month, but I take it any way it goes. I have never been pregnant and dying to have a baby of my own. I "Pray" that Cheri is right. ~Baby Dust