Recent Posts

Monday, January 18, 2010

Geting older....well it just sucks!

I am not sure if this is the same for everyone else out there, but I am 33.5 years old (birthday is in JUNE) and now when I drive on the freeway at night and its raining... I find it really hard to see. There I said it.. admitted to one of the things that are really starting to show my age (that and the grey hair that just wont color over!)

I talked to my dad about this and he suggested I see the dr and mention cataracts. I guess this is something that is common on his side of the family. I am not going to go just yet as I know that I can see just fine any other time including at night, just seems to get harder when its raining. The joys of getting older!

I actually used to think that one day I would get a brow lift. Maybe when I was 50. I always said in my mind if I was to consider anything it would be this. I dont' like the way my eyes are starting to sag!! (yes this is funny).. then I watched the movie called "its complicated" with Merryl Streep and she talked about this with the DR and he says that they pull the skin up higher and staple it back at your hair line. Okay.. so now NOT going to ever get this! I dont want to have staples!

I find the joys of life sometimes funny. I know we have to get older and its not something that we can ever fight. We can try to look younger, but I think its just as important to try and feel younger. Both inside and out. I try and accept that I am getting older and not stress that the years go by faster than I would like. I am sure than we all would like. I guess what I am getting at, is dont waste time. Dont put off for tomorrow what your capable of today. We always make excuses for ourselves and push things to a later date to only reason that time has gone faster than we would like.

I have something planned for February. I am hoping that it will help people feel reconnected with their loved ones. I know trying to concieve can be a stressful time and I am hoping that what I have come up with will help that. Its going to be free, and will be posted in the begining weeks of February.

As always everyone, I truely do appreciate EVERY email that comes in. Past clients, friends, new requests, referrals..etc. Its all important to me. I have been working really hard the last little bit ensuring that the free requests are not too far behind. I believe I am just a few days backed up on those which is amazing as at once point was 6 months behind!!!

Now, the winner is the first poster, AMANDA! Please contact me at cheri22@gmail.com to claim your prize. Make sure to put "blog contest" in the subject line so I can locate you faster.

I have more things on the go to come, so stay tuned to this blog:)

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh the aging, I hear ya, I turned 35 in October, and last night, I couldn't remember if I was 35 or 36, my husband had to remind me. I looked at myself in the mirror, and just wandered where the time had gone. I really want to focus on enjoying life and not 'rushing' all the time. This year I am most focused on continuing my journey with Christ and finishing goals I set out, but with patience. I don't want to rush, or rush time, I just want to go slow and breathe deeply and enjoy every minute of what I am doing. My eyes are getting bad too! Blessings!

Lynn said...

Oh Cheri! OMG your young! I am 44! But you know what i don't feel like i am! Of course my kids make me feel old sometimes (i have a 15 year old and an 8 year old) I hear you about driving at night. I hate it! I am near sited so i have to wear glasses when im driving at night. I can't see things far away. Im ok during the day but at night its a different story. My optometrist told me i have night myopia. from wikipedia: "Nocturnal myopia, also known as night myopia or twilight myopia, is a condition in which the eye has a greater difficulty seeing in low illumination areas, even though its daytime vision is normal. Essentially, the eye's far point of an individual's focus varies with the level of light. Night myopia is believed to be caused by pupils dilating to let more light in, which adds aberrations resulting in becoming more nearsighted. A stronger prescription for myopic night drivers is often needed. Younger people are more likely to be affected by night myopia than the elderly"

So there you go. Check it out with your doctor though. My eyes sag a bit too, maybe i should get botox! Don't want needles in my face though! LOL!

Sharon said...

I agree getting older does suck. My eyesight was the first thing that I noticed, then came the wrinkles and grey hairs! I turned 35 in October and just can't believe it. I sure don't feel like im 35. When I was younger I couldn't understand why my mom didn't like driving at night - well now I know, you just dont see as well! You are so right that we should not waste anytime and we really need to live for today because it passes faster than we realize!

Anonymous said...

I so get what your saying about getting old must be the week for it but I have decided I don't feel old so that will do

Lorna