Recent Posts

Monday, January 25, 2010

Fear

Greetings to you all and thanks you for coming back to read my second entry.

For the past month I have been racking my brain to try and come up with a subject to write about for this article. And quite honestly I really stressed more then i should have about it. I had this idea and that idea but nothing really hit me. Then I got the thought to write about what I've been going through lately. And to sum it up in one word... Fear.
This can sometimes be a touchy subject to get into because so many people don't always want to admit to experiencing it.
In our culture, fear is most often thought of as a "bad" thing. And yes in some instances it can have negative effects. But it can also have positive effects as well. One thing our culture needs to accept is that fear is part of the human experience and its ok to allow yourself to feel it. It can push you past your self declared limits and make you reach for goals you never realised you had or thought you could reach.
Fear can also be paralyzing. I think I should clarify, at this point, that I'm not necessarily speaking of the kind of fear you feel when you are in physical danger. The type of fear I'm referring to is that fear you feel when you are looking at an emotional blockage of some sort that you may be too scared to move past. The fear you feel when you are faced with huge amounts of responsibility that maybe you aren't used to having, a fear of failure, and even the fear of success. I know that may sound bizarre. Why would anyone fear success? Well, when you are in a comfort zone, be it good, bad or indifferent, it IS a comfort zone, regardless of the situation you are in. As a human race, we are generally not a species that always embraces change with open arms. So, because success can sometimes be a drastic or even a moderate change in our life, and from what we are normally used to, it can be one of our biggest fears and most paralyzing fears, even if it is on a subconscious level.

As a psychic, ( and I am only speaking for myself), I experience so much fear. Before doing a reading, I wonder if its going to be a good reading, am going to get the correct information about the person, am i going to get ANY information about the person, is the person going to be happy with it, and most importantly am i going to be able to help the person in the way they need the help.
I usually experience this prior to the reading. But right before I start the reading I remember to breath, center and ground myself and most importantly trust that whatever is meant to come through for that person, will.


By writing about this subject, I'm hoping it will show you that everyone experiences fear in some form or another, and that it is possible to move past it and most of all it's ok to allow yourself to feel it. And if at any point you are needing help with it in any way I am happy to do so.

So until next time, in love and light

Leah

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for writing about this...it is nice to be reminded that fear is normal and that we all experience it and its ok.

Leah1976 said...

my pleasure!!