Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sleep is totally overrated!!!

Can you tell this is a subject from someone who seems to be missing some? Today especially. I have been staying up a bit later the last few nights to try and get things done, and then my little one seems to be in the habit of waking up just when I am headed to bed. So after spending 1/2 hour getting her back to sleep and then crawling into my own, it can often make for a very short night of sleep. Then toss in a few times hearing the little one cry in the monitor only to fall back asleep....

Last night, I got to bed around 11:30-12am. I was lucky she did not wake up. I heard her twice during the night but before i could move a muscle she stopped so I went back to sleep. (most times I react and jump out of bed and go to her, but have since learned to just let her be and she will definitely let me know if I am needed). Well, 5:30am she decided that she needed me. Started to call me and a bit upset. I go in and cuddle with her and tuck her in beside me in the spare bed in the hopes that she will fall back asleep. She kinda tossed and turned and appeared to be trying which was nice. Then 6:10am rolls around and my husband gets up and starts to get ready for work. She hears him fill up the coffee maker and excited calls out "DADDY!!"

So starting my day today at 5:30 which I am sure everyone does at some point our another. I wish I could squeeze in a nap today, but I know it wont work. First, I am NOT a napper (usually feel worse after a nap) and second have some stuff that needs to be done.

I had a client ask me the other day how to tell if your guides are talking with you versus it just being your thoughts. I do think that this question can be a bit tricky. When your first starting out, its really hard to determine which is which. I think with practice of both asking your guides the questions and then making sure your listening, its often easier to tell the difference of when thoughts come from you versus when its from your guides.

To practice, try paying attention for the next few days with your thought pattern. Where there times when you were just thinking of random things and trying to sort something out and then out of the blue found the answer? Try asking yourself questions and then just allowing whatever you "think" to come through. After enough practice, you will realize which ones where just coming through from you and which ones from your guides. I often converse with my guides this way. I can be just sitting there and then thinking and given information I was trying to figure out or an idea to something I had put on the back burner. If I am unsure of which direction or path I need to take in a situation I will ask for help. I have also been given guidance or premonitions on situations about to happen. Most times its a few minutes before its about to happen, so they have provided only a short time for me to react! I ALWAYS make sure to say thank you so that they know how much I do appreciate the help they have given. I have been doing this long enough now, the thought pattern seems to have taken a different "tone" than what just comes from me.

Your guides do enjoy the attention and being acknowledged and will try and find ways to show you that its them and not just yourself talking to yourself:) I think that with doing this, its every one's biggest worry that they are just talking to themselves, and in turn they seem to shut themselves off to this more out of worry and fear rather than exploring their own gifts and opening themselves to it.

December is going to be about exploring our own gifts. I will try and focus on one aspect each week in order to encourage and open the people who are looking to explore their own psychic gifts.

8 comments:

Candy218 said...

Cheri,

I think I've gotten to the point where my guides know that I think my thoughts are all mine....haha I talk and think all the time, but I never feel that its anything but myself. Sometimes I'll say well I wonder what made me think of that, or why am I having these thoughts come up, but I figure it's just me having a blah moment. I usually ask for signs and things pop up for days and weeks after that which relate to the situation that I need guidance with. Sometimes I also think I see things that I want to, but then again if you see something that relates to you (when in that exact moment you’re thinking about it) 8 times in a row, I think someone’s telling me to wake up…lolol I know my guides talk to me in my dreams, which is one of the best ways I communicate with them. Maybe I should concentrate more on thoughts…I could be missing out. But I’m glad December will focus in on open up abilities, I’d love to finally break through and totally get it : )

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

I have always wondered that myself! If its me thinking this or my guides telling me. Always second guessing myself!

Anonymous said...

I'm lacking some sleep too, usually I'm so tired because I'm fighting my son to go to bed and by time he's asleep I'm wide awake and have trouble going to bed.

I've been told my gift is Empathy. I'm not quite sure if it is or not. So ignore if I talk about jibberish and think I do not know what I'm talking about. I tend to feel other people's emotions and lately their illnesses. I know when my son felt bad this morning I felt just as bad, but I wasn't really sick. Its odd. Also I'm VERY sensitive to the emotions in a enviroment. Too much drama and negativity went on in my parent's house so its tough for me to stay. Same with other people's houses.

There's only a few houses I feel are my safe havens. Some are right in the middle, it all depends if there are conflicts going on. I also tend to get really strong gut feelings about things without any hints, being told. They just come to me. I think its my spirit guides way of telling me something they think I should know.

The best thing about Empathy is being very understanding, because in a way when you go through what someone is going through somewhat physically or emotionally you see it very well from their side. Its easier to place yourself in their shoes for a moment as if you've been walking in them for all your lives. My friends and sometimes people who know me very little will safe at times to tell me their biggest secrets. I know my partner when we first started seeing each other he has told me secrets that even his bestfriend of many years doesn't know. Its odd.

I have other gifts that I hope to develop. I want to nurture my gift of empathy because I would love to tune out the bad or let it not affect me as much so I'm not in a fetal position each time I go to a place full of negativity or around people who are depressed. They make me depressed and it takes awhile to feel good about myself. Its as if someone turned up the volume to the radio all the way up and hurts your ears kind of sensitivity. The emotions are loud and clear at times.

I have no clue who are my spirit guides, but always knew someone was help guiding me. They will give me premonitions on occasion and they happen. I have very little control on the abilities I do have and I'm not very strong. So I think it would be worth learning and opening,developing and nurturing my gifts. I think it would be a lot of fun. So I'm hyped up that you are going to do more blogs on opening psychic abilities!

~Amanda Aka redreila89

Cheri22 said...

amanda... dont second guess yourself about your gifts.. empathy is a very strong one to have and one of the harder ones to control.. pay attention to the blog in december, there will be a post about it, and developing it further, but also a way to protect yourself so that your not so easily affected:)

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

Lately numbers have been popping up. All alike numbers, never the same ones, but all dau long it will be numbers in common on the clocks, on my phone and in my vehicle, Have you ever seen this as a sign , or being from a guide trying to tell you something?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cheri

I am looking forward to learning how to explore .

Lorna

Tracy said...

I always second guess also. I am sure my guides names are Alaura and David as that is the first names that popped into my head when I asked. But I ask questions and get an immediate answer and then right after that another answer pops into my head ususally the opposite of the first answer. So then I second guess. I find that Alaura answers most my questions and wonder what role David plays. I keep asking how much longer my infant grandson is going to be living with me and that is an answer that I can not seem to get answered. I really need to know because I do not know how much longer I can do this, it is so stressful. So if you have any ideas on why I can not seem to get a clear answer on that or how I listen so I can hear I would appreciate it.

Cheri22 said...

Tracy.
Yes, I do believe that the names you have picked up are the names of your guides. I also believe that your female is your main guide, the one who is stronger and tries to guide you through your life lessons. Your male guide is here for spiritual growth. I guess you can look at it as your main guide is the "worker" guide. Helping you through your life and trying to keep you on track and being supportive. your second guide is more like a "supervisor'. he too is going to help but on things that are a little bit more in depth for certain areas and pitches in when it comes to "demanding" your attention.

As for the answer you have been asking and getting no reply.... its because they know deep down, that although you ask this question now, the answer they can provide is not going to help you in the end, but make things harder for you. Its these times they use their own strength and judgement and keep this from you. As a way to protect you.

Our guides can not provide all of the answers we seek. We still need to live our lives in order to learn.