Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Some dreams can be disturbing

enough that they wake you out of a deep sleep! Last night my youngest pretty much slept through the night which was awesome. I just wish I could say the same thing. I was in a very deep sleep last night (I know cause when I did wake up I was so stiff from not moving a muscle! lol)

Fast forward to my dream. I was at this polar bear exhibit. There was quite a few of them and you could get really close. You were separated by a glass wall of some sort, but it pretty much felt like you were right in there with them. I have mentioned before that bears freak me out, so you can imagine how i was feeling being so close to them and only being separated by a glass wall!

Anyways, as we walked over this bridge to the other part of this exhibit, I realize that three people that were obviously tourists had gotten INTO the enclosure where the bears where swimming. They thought this to be really cool, and were inching their way closer trying to get a better look. I was like "oh my god, what the heck are they doing in there? Oh my gosh, someone get them out". The one polar bear that was the biggest noticed them and climbed out of the water and along the same embankment that these three people were on. They realized their horrible mistake and tried to start walking back to get out, only the bear was faster. After realizing that they were not going to make it out before the bear got them, they decided to try and reason with the bear? Each blaming each other for being in there and basically telling the bear to pick the other one first. It was really odd and disturbing at the same time. The bear of course grabbed the first one closest and with a big reach of its paw, threw the person against the glass wall and into the water. This is when everyone in the exhibit started to scream. I yelled to my husband to grab our eldest and face her away from what was obviously about to happen and he did. I turned to do the same to our youngest only to realize that she was no longer beside me, but had some how ended up in the enclosure with the bears!! This is when I screamed and tried to get over the glass, and when I woke up. I HATE dreams like that!

So I have been basically up since 5:30am, and our youngest decided shortly after she would join me.

As you all remember, I usually use www.dreammoods.com to interpret my dreams. As the years have gone by, I have figured out which dreams are worth looking into and which ones just to ignore as a "cooky" dream or related to something I was watching on the TV.

So I have done just that, and thought I would share the interpretation of this horrible dream.

To see a polar bear in your dream, signifies a reawakening.

White
White represents purity, perfection, peace, innocence, dignity, cleanliness, awareness, and new beginnings. You may be experiencing a reawakening or have a fresh outlook on life. However, in Eastern cultures, white is associated with death and mourning.

Water
To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. If the water is calm, clear, then it signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation.

Tourist
To see tourist in your dream, indicates how you are in a position to provide help to others.

Glass
To see glass in your dream, symbolizes passivity or protection. You may be putting up an invisible barrier to protect yourself in a situation or relationship.

To dream that you are looking through glass, represents your openness and non-defensiveness. Alternatively, you may be putting up an invisible emotional barrier around yourself.


Walls
To see a wall in your dream, signifies limitations. obstacles and boundaries. There is a barrier obstructing your progress. You may be too accustomed to your old habits and way of thinking.

To dream that you jump over a wall, suggests that you will overcome tough obstacles with success.


Bridge
To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change filled with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage. If the bridge is over water, then it suggests that your transition will be an emotional on



So these are the important parts of the dream. I am interested in hearing your possible interpretations.. what does it make you think? What do you feel? Any answer you give (there is no wrong answer - its your interpretation!) will be entered to win a family bypass reading from myself ($25.00 value)

Winner will be announced Sunday:)

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Its crazy how some dreams can be so frightening. Anytime I dream of something bad happening to my children I have a hard time shaking it off. Maybe the dream was related to your girls being sick and the fact that you are "helpless" in a way to make them better.
I have been having very strange dreams this week but am having a hard time remembering them.

Anonymous said...

I've been having some crazy dreams lately myself. I know I interpreted one dream that about Tyrannosaurus being alive and flying sharks in the air and interpreted that I have "unrealistic fears" because sharks do not fly and the Tyrannosaurus do not exist anymore.

Definitely agree with the person above that perhaps you feel frightened about your daughters being sick. You seem to be stressed about that lately and you want to protect them like most mothers. I know a lot of my own dreams usually come from a stress or worry thats been on my mind. The polar bear can represent a big fear you've been having. Seems like lately that fear is illness.

So let's say by theory Polar Bear equals H1N1 or any illness. And let's say the tourists are the victims around the world that you see on TV who have died or hospitalized by the virus or an illness.

So like most of us mothers we worry and want to protect our children from it. Perhaps when you saw your daughter with the polar bears and not with you that is your fear talking. And possibly you are afraid the same thing that happened to the tourist/victims will happen to your daughters. Just a theory. I could actually go on =] Also Eastern cultures do think white as the color for death so that would fit with my theory and glass walls is like the "Bubble" enviroment we try to put our children in to keep them from getting sick and of course we worry if they get beyond that safe bubble/glass wall. The bridge part I'm still thinking about, but perhaps moving on to another exhibit could mean going outside of your home or areas you normally feel fine around and seeing other places around you getting caught up with the sickness.

Just all theory, I could be projecting my own fears as your own right now since my son could possibly have it since some of our other family members have caught it. So I'm sorry if I am.


~Amanda redreila89@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My very first thought was the same as the posters before be. I think you have been worried about the kiddos being sick, and your dream is showing that.


I think the bear is the "theat" to your children, and the wall was just that a wall that was keeping you from helping and fixing what was wrong. It was glass because there was just nothing you could do but sit and watch, and pray/hope for the best.


I had a very bad dream about my younger to kids going to the bus stop and being shot, I have no idea why that scared me so bad...



alicia
silverfairy18@hotmail.com

Laurie said...

I tend to agree with the others and believe this has to do with your concern for your children and their illness. With all that is in the news and hearing about the deaths of healthy children from H1N1. I tend to agree that this is what your dream was in reference to. After I had my 1st child I had a repetitive dream every so often about leaving the house and when I came home my daughter was by herself but was supposed to be being watched and I couldn't figure out why she was alone. I had this dream for years until it happened. Only it happened to my second child. I was in town with my first daughter and the car broke down so I called a friend to tell my mom so she could come pick us up. However, within minutes I had the horrible thought that she was going to leave the baby alone so I called frantically to everyone I could think of to see if anyone saw my mom leave with the baby. When my mom arrived with no baby I said mom where is "F" and she said that I took her with me. I said no mom I left her with you she was asleep in her crib and she said I forgot she was there she never woke up. Well when we got back across town to the house she was still in her crib asleep. Thank God!! He warned me so many times that this was going to happen. Now I have periodical dreams that my little boy gets run over by a car. So I worry about him every time he goes outside to play. I pray God never lets this happen.

Anonymous said...

Cheri, when I started reading I was getting a sense of peace and tranquility. as I often do when the color white and water are involved. After reading the rest of the dream. If have to say that I agree more with the other posters. That there is something (maybe you childrens illness) that you are concerend with protecting or shielding your family from. Something that others have been affected by. Facing a challange or fear (the bears)and coming out victorious on the other side (the bridge/protecting you child)

Anonymous said...

Cheri, when I started reading I was getting a sense of peace and tranquility. as I often do when the color white and water are involved. After reading the rest of the dream. If have to say that I agree more with the other posters. That there is something (maybe you childrens illness) that you are concerend with protecting or shielding your family from. Something that others have been affected by. Facing a challange or fear (the bears)and coming out victorious on the other side (the bridge/protecting you child)

Angelac

Drimer1978 said...

while it can be interpretted by dreammoods, i think your day might have had an influence on your dream, a commercial or a stuffed animal of your child's? maybe she has one and you wre thinking of her waiting for her to wake up in the night, and since she didnt your dream manifested from this?? although it sounds like you were at a zoon i have once been to, it has a glass unclosure with a hallway through it, the bears swim over you, really neat, but scary, either detroit or battle creek, michigan, cannot remember which.. :)

Anonymous said...

back in 08 when prego with my third...I dreamt about Bears all the time...all scary bears attacking people type dreams. It was all back when the market became a Bear Market and the USA was tense with Russia so I interpreted as such...lol

Kate said...

Cheri,
Reading about your dream others said they felt peace and tranquility. I did not get that feeling. You are not fond of bears, polar bears are very viscious, so to be walking with your family in an environment full of creatures, no matter how pretty, that are something you fear and being separated by only glass-enough so that you feel you are in with them to me starts out frightening. You walked over a bridge with your family, bridges signify a transition or change. You are crossing with your family so maybe there is something of a change that you have been considering, or subconsciously contemplating that involves your whole family. The glass wall signifies a boundary-but exactly what kind? Glass suggests that passive protection, or an invisible barrier, the fact that it is a wall means possibly a barrier or obstacles-on the other side you said tourists but I looked up strangers and that symbolizes a part of yourself that is repressed or hidden. So looking at that all together, is there something that you are keeping from your family or yourself that involves your family? Are there any significant decisions, life choices you have contemplated? You have one child protected and one in danger-a child being lost and one saved, fallen hopes and an attempt to save something of yourself from being destroyed. I think this dream suggest you look deep into yourself and see what lies there. Do you have some secret desire, aspiration that you want to achieve; are you afraid to lose part of yourself in doing this, or possibly affecting your family? The dream seems to be about something deep in your psyche that you need to bring out into the open, maybe there is a change that needs to be addressed, cross that boundary, jump that wall, confront that part of yourself which fears this change. Don’t be afraid and it will unravel itself to you and you can then make the choices you have been keeping deep inside.
I believe dreams are powerful and are like secret doors in our mind, showing us things we may otherwise not have known, or receiving messages that we need to know. I enjoy dream interpretation. I hope mine is helpful 
Kate Bentley
Kate2121@msn.com

MaryM said...

I would guess that you were put in a position that made you nervous and scared by something uknown and strange and that you yourself are unable to help to the extent you want too. That you are seeing others fall prey to this strange thing and you are trying to protect your kids from it.