Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Well I know what it isn't!!!

As most of you know, my little ones are sick.. seems like a common theme over here during the more winter months. First my eldest had a fever and a cough, and then my youngest.. its not fun. I took both girls into the Dr on Monday who told me that they both had sore throats and gave them antibiotics.. the hard part of this is that they both have different ones. My eldest is allergic to the penicillin family so he had to give her something else. So trying to remember one kid getting it 4 times a day and the other 3.. its tricky!

Now lets fast forward to last night. My little one STILL had a fever. I called the nurse help line (811 here in BC) And they suggested I take her to the hospital. I was having a hard time getting the fever to break and stayed around 101-103. She was a mommy's girl the whole day and really did not do much and just wanted to sit in my lap. I dont blame her!

Today was not much different. I usually watch two other kids a few days a week during the day and had to cancel. My little one was not feeling well and I had figured I would take her into the emergency ward and find out if she had h1n1. (she has some of the symptoms).. Our dr does not work Wednesdays and the walk in clinics (which there are two I think) are HORRIBLE. After I picked up my eldest from the school off we went. It took about 2 hours, we all had to wear masks and because the little one would not we were put in a room off to ourselves.. Which was good. After finally seeing the Dr, he said they just had a really bad cold and to continue with the tylenol but perhaps "double dose" he said one time give her tylenol, and then 2 hours later give her the advil and then two hours after that tylenol..etc... We will see.. I did that tonight before bed. Hoping if she has a good sleep perhaps she can fight this! I hate seeing them sick! (also crossing fingers that I do not get it.. okay, using Elisabeth's technique.... I AM HEALTHY)

So that has been me in a nutshell.. We do NOT have H1N1 and will get the vaccinations (recommended by my Dr - although I still tend to be on the fence about this) I am slightly behind in readings (only a day) due to what has been going on here and with the little one not feeling well.

Dont forget, if you have not already, check out Elisabeth's post below and my give away post below that. You still have time to enter to win my family bypass reading just by trying to manifest money in your direction. I know people have already had success with trying. If you are unsure if your doing it right or have questions about it, please email me at cheri22@gmail.com with BLOG COMMENT in the subject line and I will try and get right back to you.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I hope your little ones are doing better. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope your kiddos feel better. Sick babies, are no fun.


alicia