Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reconnecting on a spiritual level

As promised, I wanted to share a new technique with everyone!! This will allow you to reconnect with your partner/significant other/husband on a much deeper level. Most times when on a trying to conceive journey we often loose sight of the connection or the romantic portion of ourselves. It soon becomes a "chore", all about the timing and about making sure that the sperm meets the egg... Rather than the love shared between two people and the act of trying to make a baby. Its hard to refocus your attention on other aspects as with most people, this journey often involves charting, temping, paying attention to cervical mucous and other signs that either the egg is on its way, or that your starting to feel pregnant!

So why not start reconnecting first on a spiritual level? Allowing this to bring you both closer. Getting along better, paying more attention to each other and remembering the love that got you to this point in the first place.

Lets start!

MATERIALS NEEDED
Two pictures - one of you and one of your partner. (its better if no one else is in the picture and no one is wearing hat or sunglasses)
Colored "String" either pink or red

I want you to poke holes in the picture of your partner along the right side of his/her photo (while its facing you).. not too many that it rips it apart, but enough that its still "close". Then I want you to do the same thing on your picture but the left side (again while the picture is facing you). Then I want you to take a ribbon that appeals to you and symbols love.. usually pink or red, but whatever works for you. Then I want you to put both ends in,...one on your side and one on his/her, then alternating sides through the holes (to look like laces). At the bottom (or top depending on where you started) I want it tied into a bow. I want you to then hold the picture now sewn together against your heart area. In your mind (or out loud if you prefer) i want you to say "by binding these pictures together of myself and (insert husband/partner name here) i am allowing our connection to be happier, more loving and passionate" Anything else you can say that would be positive about perhaps even saying that you will both get along better enjoy each other company.. dont include anything negative (even saying "we Will fight less" as this too is still kinda negative)

Then I want you to sleep with it under your pillow for at least one week to 8 days... during that time if your feeling disconnected from your husband/partner for any reason at all (it should definitely lesson from the first time you did the stuff above) take it out from under your pillow, again place it on your chest near your heart and say the same things... you will be amazed at how this STARTS to get you guys back on track.

if you have any questions about this process or notice a difference would love to hear your comments!

4 comments:

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

I am soooo going to try this. Thanks..

Katie said...

Wow... I haven't had a chance to actually physically do this, but I did visualize it and boy did it have an effect! My hubby and I have a hard time connecting since the m/c and have only been intimate twice since. Last night I visualized the lacing of the two pictures, I even had the specific pictures picked out. Then I imagined placing it on the nightstand next to my head and thinking about the words you wrote. Not minutes later were hubby and I cuddling and talking and that intimacy (figuratively and literally) were back!

Cheri22 said...

hey katie!

Thats awesome! For those of you who are good with manifesting and visualizing like Katie, this can do wonders as well and its perfectly okay to do it the way she did and still see great results:)

Ivette, let me know how it goes for you:)

Katie said...

I just had to post another update on this - I am not sure if it's connected at all but my hubby and I had the most amazing talk on Friday night. We stayed up until almost 2 am and I learned a lot about what he's feeling and how this whole process affects him. I don't think we've ever been as close as we are now!