Recent Posts

Saturday, February 27, 2010

What to do?

Its saturday, and I am tired. I feel a cold coming on. It feels to be in my sinus area, leaving me with a stuffy nose, and a tickle in my throat. My eldest is at a birthday party, my youngest is taking a nap....what to do? Well I probably have a million and one things to get done.
1) do the laundry
2)clean the house
3) do my income taxes (3/4 of the way there)
4) answer some emails
5)help my friend with her business paperwork...etc. I am sure that I can list even more things, but certainly not going to help.

I am also feeling tired, so I guess taking a nap should also be on the list, but I know it never really makes me feel better. I tend to feel worse....hmmmm...

Well, tonight is the night I usually catch up with any readings that were delayed, answering some of the free requests and scheduling, so more than likely will leave that for some point tonight when my girls are in bed, and can focus more attention.

My grandpa's funeral has been set for the 6th of March. I guess its really sad that death is a way to bring family together... I probably see my mom and her husband alot, and my sister fairly regularly, but not my dad or my cousins as much as I would like. Perhaps this should put everything into perspective?

Anyone else think that they should be more frequent with their visits?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Same here funerals are sadly some of the only days I see some family members. However some of my family live out of town so its hard to schedule visits with each other sometimes. I usually take a nap with my son so I have a lot more steam to get stuff done around the house, but since it makes you feel worse I wouldn't suggest that to you. Well hope the day gets better and you get less tired. Try prioritizing what has to be done, what can wait a day and so forth. If this all possible anyways. Just like scheduling readings, schedule in what can be done today and schedule what doesn't have to be done today at a time that is possible tomorrow.

Katie said...

I am actually feeling very guilty about not spending much time with family lately. We aren't telling them that we are TTC and since that consumes most of my thoughts and time lately I feel like I have nothing to talk about with them. It's like I'd rather not speak to them than lie by omission, ya know?

Krystal said...

I think it's always good to see our families as much as we can. Unfortunately my husband's and mine live 14 hour drive away and my husband is military so we don't get to see them as often as we would like to. Unfortunately the last time we saw his family and mine was at his mother's funeral so I know how sad it is to have something like that bring people together. Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

I wish it was different, but this is also true for my family. We only get together when there is a funeral in the family, but we not only mourn the death of our loved one that passed on, but we celebrate all the new lil ones that join us in this sad time. so in a sense because we do not reunite as often as we should ( I have a LARGE family) it is not just all -consuming sadness but joy in seeing everyone together to show each other support as we grieve in unison.

LoriN said...

I do wish I had been more frequent with my visits to my Grandparents before they passed. I find it difficult now that I have children to make time for the drive and visits, but those are just excuses!
Thanks for the reminders...maybe I'll call Grandma today!
Lori