Recent Posts

Monday, May 3, 2010

Changing the world, one sperm at a time

When completing a reading for my client, I wrote her this "Have you had your husband tested at all for his sperm count? i just get the impression that they are a bit "slower" than the average. "

Her reply "OMG Cheri I got it and I just read the first line and I’m sitting here crying because yes my husbands sperm are low and he has been taking wheat germ "

I then of course wanting to pass any information I find out to my other clients that will help with trying to concieve, asked her about the wheat germ that they are taking. I thought it would be beneficial to those of you who would be interested in finding out things that are beneficial to helping with the sperm. Here is the information that she wanted to pass along. If you have any questions about it, post in the comment section and I will get you the answers:)

My doctor immediately told my husband to start taking wheat germ once she saw his sperm count being low, she said it would help with the mobility(shape) so i started reading online and found out that taking wheat germ when trying to convieve is beneficial to both female and male when struggling with low sperm count.

so we take two teaspoons daily usually at night because it is soooo gross :)
We figure according to the doctor to take it daily until we get pregnant.
we take it with soy chocolate milk to mask the taste :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

My fertility doctor recomended a multi vitamin and I also had dh take maca ,must of done the trick as I have a one year old

Lorna

Amanda said...

I have no advice, but wishing her and husband all the best!! I hope she updates us with news that she has conceived in the future =]

Anonymous said...

It is not that simple. Just because you add wheat germ to your diet does not necessarily mean you are going to get pregnant. It can't hurt, wheat germ is high in vitamin E, which is beneficial for fertility health. Zinc is another nutrient that is good for sperm morphology and motility.The best sources of zinc include beef, lamb, pork, crabmeat, turkey, chicken, lobster, clams and salmon. Plant sources can be found in legumes/beans, dairy, and whole grains. Wheat germ also contains zinc. Ginseng is also linked to male fertility, but the research is spotted. Ginseng is an adaptogen, which means it works in the body to balance hormones. if something is high it will lower it and if a hormone is low it will raise it.

Good Luck!