Recent Posts

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I did something stupid...

okay perhaps it was two things. Since I am able to laugh at myself, and its always fun to laugh when someone has done something stupid (in a good way of course), I figured I would share it you all so that you can laugh right along.

First, I had pictures of my mom that we used for the funeral. Pictures I had, my sister, my mom's husband. I took the boards home we had taped them too with the intention of getting them back to the people they belonged to. I put them in a box, and left it on the ground. My sister had the remaining pictures that never made it on the board and I figured when I got them all together, I would seperate it then. Well, my sister brought me the rest today, I get home after my youngests second birthday party and go to put them all together. Only this time the pictures are gone from the first batch. I look in the computer room, I look in boxes that I have. They are NO WHERE to be found. This is when I panic. These pictures mean something to me (and other people that are expecting them back) only to realize that the box that they were in, had possibly gone to value village when I dropped off a box full of stuff there almost a month ago. My heart sunk. Realizing that this is probably where the pictures have gone, and trying to wrack my brain with an apology to the people I would now be telling that these pictures are gone. I asked my mom (for those of you recently tuning in, my mom passed away March 8, 2010) to please help me locate them. It was then, my eyes were drawn to a small shaped box to my right. Inside where the pictures! Thank you mom! I did feel stupid though as I remember now putting that box there, out of the way when I took the other box to value village.

As some of you also know, I purchased a lap top about a month ago. I figured with my youngest not sleeping properly and me working in my computer room downstairs it was getting difficult with hearing her getting up and walking around looking for me. So with the laptop I work upstairs and here if she needs me. I can also accomplish alot more during the day as well. Anyways, the last week the keyboard has been going crazy. First, the c button was not working, then the next day it was the d button. This was driving me crazy. It would work but you had to push REALLY hard on it to get it to write that. I figured I could live without the d as I really dont use it alot. Then, last night it was the E. I had no idea what was going on. There are ALOT of E's to be used while typing and when you type as fast as I do, its quite a piss off not being able to just type normally but having to go back or hit another key really hard to ensure that its going to be in there!. So I managed and turned the key off. Part of me thinking I am going to have to return the laptop as its not working, but have never heard of keys not working in different spots. You would think it would just stay the one key. Well, last night when starting to my readings, it turned out the R button was not working. I would push it and NOTHING would happen. This was really making me PISSED off! I even pushed hard (okay I admit it, I hit the dam key with my finger a few times!). I even tried lifting the key up slightly to see why it was jammed. Turns out, there was a tiny little plastic piece that came off a clothing tag under the key. It had been traveling all along the last few days and getting under certain keys and moving around. Gosh I feel pretty silly for not thinking of looking before and just going crazy with what was happening!

I figured it gave me a good laugh, hopefully gave you all a good laugh as well

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That had to be very scary not knowing where the pictures were. I would of been frantic.

Lol! Good thing you found the cause why the laptop keys were not working before you tried returning the laptop. Usually when laptop keys would not work it would be because the keys got loose and I would need to fix them.

Cheri22 said...

i didn't realize that keys could come loose:) its my first lap top! will have to keep that in mind. Glad I did not send the laptop in, can you imagine what they would be thinking of me when they located the problem? GOsh I would be talked about for years in laughter;)

Lynn said...

Ha Ha!! I think you have to laugh at these things!(save you the humility of sending it in to get fixed-- with them telling you um lady have you checked under the keys much?!) Probably a sign from your mom to "stop and have a giggle at this!" Good thing you found the pictures! Phew!!

Unknown said...

Hello Cheri,

That is good news that you found the pictures. Cute, My husband is a Computer Tech and we both were giggling with you and your computer issue. We are glad that was resolved as well. Congrats on your daughters Bday.