Recent Posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

Let see what happens shall we?

I have been in contact with someone named Tania. Shes going to be posting on the blog articles that she writes about fertility that should help those of you who are trying to conceive. I have seen samples of her writing which are always really informative, which is why I have allowed her to contribute to the blog. I think that its going to be really beneficail to all of my clients. You can never really have too much information when it comes to your body and trying to conceive.

So keep an eye out for a post from her. I am not sure when shes going to do her first one, but it will have her name on it so you know its from her.

On a side note, I went with my husband and my two girls camping this weekend. I was a bit afraid at first because of BEARS! I really do not like them. On our way up the mountain, we did see a small black bear off the side of the road. I was really hoping our campsite was no where near there. Thankfully it wasn't. We ended up camping in a wide open field with about 20 other campers (we knew some of them). I did not end up seeing any bears while we were there which is good.

You know how you get a bad impression from someone? I always try to listen to my intuition as its been proven right so many times. There was a guy there, who had 4 year old daughter. He just did not sit well with me. My daughter and her friend wanted to go for a walk, as it was getting later and would be bed time soon, I told them to stay within sight, no going for a walk and to stay away from the woods. About 10 minutes I turn around, and notice them in the woods. I ask my Mother in law to watch my youngest, and go "marching" over there. The one thing about me, I am consistant, and follow through, I do not like being "ignored" with my "rules". I am pretty flexible, but when I say something, I do expect my own daughter (who is now 7) to be able to follow it. I get there, and that dad is with his daughter, his girlfriend and my eldest and her friend and another little kid in the woods. Hes trying to take their picture. I call my daughter and her friend over and remind them what I had asked. Not giving them crap, but being stern about it and my expectations. The dad comes over and tells me that I should not be giving them crap but him instead as it was him who told them to come into the woods for a few minutes. I then explained that both my daughter and her friend are 7 and are old enough to tell him that they were told NOT to enter the woods and should not have gone in there. (to which my daughter replied that she DID tell him that but he insisted it would be for only a minute) What kind of parent tries to get the kids to go against what they were told? (regardless if he thought it was a silly rule or that they would only be a minute). If I was him, I would have told the girls to go ask their parent if it was okay for just a few minutes.. Perhaps I am over protective?

He is just kinda "creepy" and kinda made me feel uncomfortable with the way he talked and acted this weekend, and I would rather have avoided him entirely.

Anyways, for those of you who had a long weekend, I hope it was an enjoyable one. I will be posting again in the next day or so with another contest!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm interested to see what she posts about fertility, although does she have one about keeping pregnancies? I have more issue keeping them then getting pregnant (as I've lost one just a few days ago).

That's nice you got to go camping, but I agree about the one father. What kind of parent would convince your child to go into the woods when she was told not to? That seems like a big warning sign to me, personally. Some parents I will never understand, but I don't blame you for being wary of him as I would have been too.

Amanda said...

Oh yeah major red flag with me no matter if his intentions were harmless of not. When people disregard other people's boundaries and have no respect for them and the kind of reaction he had lets just say says a lot of bad about that person. You were in the right and what you did wasnt being overprotective. You didnt know him and for the most part even the people we know we dont know what they do behind closed doors. You did the right thing and I think if you hadnt thought about it alright for safety reasons todiscuss with your daughter and her friend next time an adult tells them to do something against you or any adult responsible for them to just say no and run back to you or the person caring for them.

Katie said...

Wow... I got creepy vibes just hearing about it. Any adult who encourages a child to do something that their parents told them not to do has ulterior motives for sure and you were right to be guarded around him. Always trust your instincts!

The Carlisle's said...

No one has even commented yet on the fact that he was taking pictures of your child without your permission as well? I would have an issue with that. I hope this was a good object lesson for you daughter that adults that are present don't over rule you.