Recent Posts

Sunday, May 16, 2010

7 years ago today

I gave birth to my "baby" girl. I can't believe that she turns 7 today!. We are having her birthday party today as well and shes got about 20 kids coming over to jump on the trampoline and play in the bouncy castle and whatever they happen to get into. My mom's husband is also doing a magic show for the kids. Hes really good and I know the kids are going to enjoy it. Hes pretty entertaining.

I remember when I was trying to concieve for her. After pestering my husband for a YEAR after we got married. He wanted to wait a year after we were married, and I wanted to start right away. He gave in just shy of a year. I remember the first month when we tried and my period showed up. I was discouraged. I guess I really just wanted to have it happen the first time! The second month I was upset when my period showed up and complained to my husband who told me it would happen when it was supposed to and not to stress about it (if only it was that easy right??) When my period showed up the third time I cried. I will admit it, I did. It was then that I was doubting that I would be able to have any kids. I know, sounds silly to worry about that, but I bet you can all relate. It was then that I realized I was approaching this wrong. Here I was bawling that I was not pregnant yet, and very upset, and realized that trying to concieve should be just as much fun as any other time in my life. I then told myself that I was not going to get upset about it anymore. That I knew that it would happen when it was meant to and was releasing myself of all my stress and worry.

It was then that I "invented" my positive thinking excersies that I have posted on my blog (you probably can locate it on the label section on the left side of this blog). I remained in bed for 20 minutes after having sex, never getting up, and then I saw with my mind, the sperm traveling up, watched them go into the egg, and then saw the egg split into a baby and implant into my uterus (of course all using my mind) I said a few positive things (again posted with the instructions should you want to try this too!) That month, my period showed up again. I didn't think anything of it, did not get upset and just decided to let things happen as they may.. A day later, my period dissapeared. I was a bit shocked. I took a pregnancy test and it was POSITIVE! Imagine my excitment!

I actually had a social induction with my daughter. I had wanted my Dr I had during my entire pregnancy to deliver my baby so she had me "gelled". It was 9pm at night the contractions started. I actually called the hospital around 12:30pm because the contractions were around 5 minutes apart. The nurse told me I sounded too "chipper" and that I was not ready to come in yet. This being my first baby, I took her word for it. From that time until 2:00am, I slept off and on through my contractions. It was then that I woke up to not being able to breathe through the contractions as well. I called the nurses again who said I should come in to be assessed. I thought, sure, I have seen those baby shows, they bring you in and send you home again! I even told my mother in law not to bother coming and that we would be back. I also said not to bother notifying any of my family as I did not want to have to wake them up for a false alarm.

I got there to the hospital where they weighed me (I still have no idea why they did that!) and was told to go and change into a hospital gown which I did. (still at this point thinking they were going to send me home). It was also now I asked for ANYTHING to help with the pain. Imagine my surprise, when she had to turn me down because she said I would be pushing any minute! Oh my gosh, the first words out of my mouth was "Call my mom!". I had no idea it would all happen so fast. My little girl was born 3:37am. I had only been in the hospital for 45 minutes at that point. My own Dr just about missed the birth (she showed up as my daughter was crowning). I had only been able to use the gas for pain relief and honestly this was all that I found I needed. It really did help me get through the contractions.

So for those of you who are currently trying to concieve, keep the hope alive. Remain positive and try and have fun with the trying part. It will happen and I am more than happy to help direct you to a month and try and help make your experinece a happy one.

Leave a comment in the comment section (even if its just to say happy birthday to my eldest lol) and be entered to win a sibling express reading from me (valued 15.00) winner to be announced on WEDNESDAY.

31 comments:

Amanda S. said...

I remember trying for my son for nine months was discouraging. At the time I didnt know it was normal for the TTC process to take up to a year. I will never forget the time I finally cried and prayed and told my creator that I was worried I would never have kids. It was honestly the only thing I ever wanted. It was that same week I prayed I actually conceived my son and weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I was shocked. My partner said the night before I told him I was pregnant he said he stared at himself in the mirror and had a moment where he thought we would never be able to conceive a child. So he was estatic about the news. So staying positive, praying to whoever you believe in, using positive techniques and so much are GREAT tools to use while getting pregnant.

I hope your daughter has a wonderful and fun birthday at least it sounds like it will be. Tell her our family says happy birthday!

redreila89@yahoo.com

kate said...

I agree with 'letting go' of the stress of trying to have a baby, when I finally relaxed and did a lot of positive thinking, it worked. This was after two years of trying to conceive. Now I'm anxiously waiting to meet this little person any day now...

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! My husband's daughter turns 10 this year, and I'm trying to put together the final details of her party!

Thank you for talking about your TTC journey. My husband and I are currently TTC, and it can get frustrating and overwhelming. I enjoy hearing other people's stories...it makes me feel more "normal".

I hope today is a great day for your daughter and your family!

deermax11 said...

Hi. I'm pregnant with my first child. It's only after knowing I was pregnant that I knew of many couples around me who were having difficulties getting pregnant; I got pregnant the first time we tried. I remember we agreed we would stop using contraception and that we were sure the baby would come when God wanted, we never thought about TTC, dates, planning or anything, we just trusted it would happen when it needed to happen. I'm so thankful for this wonderful gift and I'm looking forward to meeting my baby :-)

Juliann said...

Happy Birthday!!! :-)Great birth story!!! If they were all just that easy!! lol My oldest turns 8 in July! Amazing how fast time flies when you're having fun! lol

My youngest will be 2 in October! I remember getting your reading from TTC for that pregnancy like that was yesterday and here I am, waiting/hoping/praying you are correct with this one too!!!! :-) The 'trying' begins this week!!!! May just like you said!!

Hope your daughter enjoys her party!! Sounds like fun!!

Babyglu2u said...

Happy birthday! Lucky 7!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your oldest daughter Cheri! Sounds like you have a lot of great things planned... im jealous.. I never had great parties like that.

Your birth story is amazing :) I havent read your post yet on positive visualization but that is what I have been doing this cycle too. I also havent told hubby what the schedule is this month either... the less he stressed about it the better :)

Isnt it amazing how vivid the birth of our children remains!!! I still remember every hour of labour I went through and the process of the birth! I cant wait to go through it all again!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the celebrations today!
Danna :)

trying1009 said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl-Hope hear day was filled with love and laughter... On a side note- it's been just over 5 years that we've been trying and I've learned that when my period arrives I stay positve. It's hard but I just know we will be blessed with a bundle of joy soon...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your baby girl and thanks for sharing your story and your insight.

Danielle T.

Alicia Johnson said...

Happy bday to your lil girl! I hope she had a wonderful fun filled day!

aj

Marijke said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope to be able to share mine eventually!
(Ironically enough.. the Word Verification for this response is "breedo") :)

Katie said...

I am a firm believer in positive thinking. I don't think that I could have made it through any of the stresses of the past 7 months without it and am counting on it to help me conceive again (and keep this one!). Thanks for your exercises, they have been incredibly helpful!

mtj1483@lausd.net said...

First I want to say Happy Birthday to your oldest dr. Your ttc journey sounds just like mine. I had been beging my dh for another baby for over a year just remembering when every month af will show I was pissed and wished it to go away and not come back. I decided that March was my last attempted. I decided to drop everything timing, supplements and diet. I stayed positive, relaxed, prayed, used natural progesterone cream. Dh did the same we just let go and let it happend. 2 mos later...On Monday, May 3,2010 after 14mos of ttc I got a bfp confirmed at hospital. All my pregnancy symptoms where confirm that day. Dh confense that he felt something was up because he was getting m/s. hehehe.

Jayanthi said...

A very Happy Birthday to your little girl. I'm sure she had a blast!

My husband and I have been TTC for a couple of years now and although it's hard, I'm trying to stay positive as I trust God and know in my heart that my baby is somewhere out there just waiting for the right moment to be born.

Thanks for your articles. They brighten up my day!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to your dear baby girl. I hope the kids had a lot of fun.
Thank you for your wonderful story and your positive thinking techniques. It is always good to remember that TTCing will happen if we just give it time and a positive outlook.

Krystal said...

Happy Belated birthday to her!!

To me it's amazing how time goes by. My son turned 4 last Valentine's Day and it still doesn't feel like he should be that old already. I'm pregnant and currently 7w5d. I prayed a lot this cycle for a blessing and got it but this has been so stressful - I've had so many issues (HCG being so low, not doubling but there's a bean with a heart beat in there). Amazing how our children from the moment they're in the womb are a big concern for us.

Anonymous said...

For some people this journey it's easier than for others.
It have been over 4 years long for us, long and winding road with disappointments and hopes. But can't regret it as it have made me person what I'm right now and I have never lost the HOPE!
Happy Birthay to your daughter!
lennuk

Jaclin said...

Happy Birthday sweetie! Our TTC journey is still going and had been put on hold for a year, per the doctor and financial reasons. I totally understand what it is like to wait and how hard it is to lose, but in the end, I hope I know why.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your daughter!!!

I was only at the hospital for a short time, too, about an hour and half...got there at 5:30 and my son was born at 7:00 pm. What a rush that was!!! Not much pain meds for me either. LOL

My second came fast, too, but I was at the hospital from the beginning and got an epidural with her, whew!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your daughter.
My daugter will also turn 7 next month(june) and my son had turned 2 years last week(may 12).You had given me lots and lots of hope in trying to conceive my son.
thanks a lot

urgj1234

Melissa said...

Love this post! Gives me hope are TTC for 8 months

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

5 years ago today I lost my baby girl, my baby, and its still raw as ever.. hugs to your baby girl on this oh so special day.. :D (maybe a sign??? the word verification was "cherb" as n cherub, maybe she isn't too far away?? :) )

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! What a wonderful birth story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I wish my birth story would have been more like yours...

Andrea B. said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I can't even imagine my baby turning two, much less 7!

Unknown said...

happy birthday to your eldest!!! it's been a while since i've been able to catch up on your blog, and it's nice that this was the first post i read. it's tough when it doesn't happen right away, or, like in my case, 6 months in a row (and here i was thinking i was fertile myrtle since i didn't even try with my first one!). positive thinking has helped me a lot, as have your blog and advice. i greatly appreciate all you do for me and for others. i recommend you to all my friends and even though i've never met you, i feel like thru your readings and your blog, i know you and could come to you with anything. congrats on having a 7 year old! hooray for babies!
shelbyewilliams@gmail.com

Klynne said...

Thats a wonderful story and just what i needed to hear today!! I am currently in the process of ttc and starting to loose hope but your right!! I need to stay positive and enjoy the process!! Hehe
Klynne

Leesa said...

Aww Happy Birthday to your little girl! My Husband and I have been trying for almost 2yrs now. I remember when I got my first positive, I couldnt believe it. And when I miscarried it was extremely devistating. We are having to take a 3 month break right now, as doctor has me on bcps right now. Hopefully things will turn out good for us like they did for you. Sounds like the birth was very quick!

brooke777 said...

Happy Birthday Elana!!!

brooke777 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl!
Positive thinking has helped me in the long TTC journey (over 3 years). It's harder on my dh since he's a natural worrywart. As the time goes on, the chance of having a baby seems dimmer, and sometimes it's just not easy to stay positive. Sorry for sounding negative.

Mrs. Shands said...

first of all happy belated to your little lady..

This is indeed a rough journey and I am so glad you made it to the other side successfully.. thank you for all the encouragement for other TTC'ers out there like myself...

Like any situation, you have to look for the good... I feel this journey is bringing me closer to God and my husband each day... It used to be extremely hard, especially with two lovable twin stepdaughters... I hated to see them leave on sunday evening.. at times I would cry... But I know now, that God is preparing me for my own baby. I do the best I can to be a good (step)mother to them and pray that my child and the girls bond well..

I have cried, screamed, thrown things... But at the end of the day, I just thank God for the child he will bless me with...someday... Even if I lost that child, I thank him for the short span of time the child was with me, because for once in my life I would be something that I have never been.... a MOTHER...

I dream all the time of the day someone will call me mom