Recent Posts

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some dreams, I wish I could forget!

This morning, my youngest woke me up at 6am which is okay since i got to sleep the entire night (whoo hoo!), but I woke up from a horrible dream. In it, my mom was alive, which is nice, but my sister had died. According to my mom from getting too mad! I know that sounds silly! Then in the dream, my one friend died too.. It was just horrible and I was so upset! I woke up this morning, and called my sister. No answer. Not like her at all. You get that uneasy feeling. I then call my friend.. she does not answer. This is starting to drive me nuts! After 10 minutes I finally heard from both of them, but it drove me nuts that they did not answer the first time.

I do not like dreams like those. It was nice to see/hear my mom in that dream, as thats certianly one thing I miss, but the rest of the dream can go away!

This week is going to be busy for me. I have someone coming to clean the carpets tomorrow downstairs, as my daughter turns 7 on sunday and we are having her birthday party here. Shes going to have her friends play on the trampoline and we bought a bouncy castle (it was on sale for 60.00!!!!) So should be busy but fun.

I also have to take my youngest today into the dr. Her stitches that are supposed to be dissolving ones are NOT coming out! There are some of them still in there so he is going to take them out today.

I also have a client that has offered to share their ttc journey and I thought you might all like it!



Well, I have 2 boys. With my first I tried for 2 1/2 years and was met with nothing but heartache. I DID conceive several times but once was a heterotopic pregnancy (twins: one ectopic, one in uterus) and both were lost and this was followed by 2 miscarriages. I even lost my oldest son's twin.
With my 2nd son I wasn't even trying. In truth, I wasn't really "trying" when I got my BFP for my oldest because I'd have surgery for endometriosis 1 week before I got pg!


Since I wasn't seeking pregnancy either time I wasn't as cautious about what I put in my body and the only thing I can think of that made the difference is that I was drinking the nights I conceived both of them(My oldest was conceived on New Year's Eve). Now, I'm NOT advocating drinking to get pg and I'm not saying "Oh, relax and it'll happen," but, for me, perhaps reducing my stress and worry allowed the little one to burrow down in the right place and let my body make the hormones it needed to sustain the pregnancy! All I know is I'm truly blessed and hope that everyone else who's seeking a baby will be to!

J.


I think that what this client is really trying to point out, that sometimes not thinking about ttc, and being focused on other aspects of life will sometimes help your body to relax at the same time as your mind and make trying to conceive easier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheri

I hate those sorts of dreams and wounder why we even dream stuff like that. The other night I dreamt that my mother didnt even remember me after she passed and I woke up stressed out.
Must have something to do with our fears that we bury deep down inside.
Lorna

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the ttc success story. I could read those all long. I've been ttc #1 for 2 years and I think not a day goes by that I don't think it about it; the more time that passes the harder it seems to be to not think about it. :-) I think I may buy a bottle (or 2) of wine for next month, lol. Danielle T.

Anonymous said...

I hear just relax and it will happen all the time. I hear it from friends, family members, medical professionals, etc. I have to say I understand the sentiment, but I find it quite annoying! I just want to scream everytime I hear it. Don't you think that if I could relax I would! That is easier said than done. All of us trying to conceive want to do that thing that will allow us to get pregnant, but as more time passes we become ever more frantic and stressed. I have been trying for 3 yrs. The first year was more relaxed, I term it my unofficial ttc time. After a year I was sent to the RE by my Gyno and that is where all the stressed started. My doctors created all the tension and stress and I allowed them to do so with probabilities and stats. Now I struggle with getting their odds out of my head. Their are times when I feel more relaxed, but I have to be honest I don't think I will ever be fully at ease until I have a baby in my arms or I give up and set that dream aside. TTC and not being able to is truly a hard journey that lacks understand.