Recent Posts

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Be careful of what you wish for!

I really miss my mom. For those of you who are unaware, she passed away on March 8, 2010. With mothers day coming around its been even harder. I try and avoid stores where there is mothers day displays. I know sounds silly, and I am thinking I should probably stop that but its what makes things better right now.

I have asked my mom on more than one occasion to come and visit me in a dream. I usually dont have to wait and get a vision from her almost immediately. The last time a few nights ago with her telling me how much she loved me and wanting me to pass that information to my sister and her husband. Letting them know that they were truely missed. I then thought I would love for a sign to come showing me that she was near.

Well, thats exactly what I got. First, my cell phone (which is an iphone) started to beep as if I got a text message. I went over, there was nothing on the phone. This happened a few more times that day and off and on the following day too. Each time, the chime showing a message, there would be NO indication of anything being on the phone. I even turned the phone off and restarted it thinking this would fix it (in case it was a bug) Well the second it restarted, same thing, a "message beep" came on almost as if she was taunting me. It would be just like my mom to do that to me. Get me up to go and look and then there be nothing there. She was also very much a computer person. So this is something I could truely see her trying to manipulate.

Well this is not the only part of what has been going on. On Tuesday my friend was over, we had both my daughter and hers in bed for a nap. We heard footsteps behind us, we both turned expecting it to be one of the kids. Nothing there. We start talking again. Again footsteps. My friend actually stood up and walked into both of the bedrooms the girls were sleeping in. The kids were both sound asleep.

Last night, my youngest woke up and I ended up laying in her bed with her and fell asleep. I awoke at 4am with the door being closed. I actually kind sat up to look. I didn't hear anyone walk away but it would loud enough that my youngest woke up too. Thankfully she went back to sleep. I got out of the bed, and walked to the door only to find it only slightly closed just like I had originally left it, and not more closed like it had sounded. It was ODD. No one was even awake to have opened or closed the door.

I have been in the car, and felt really upset about her being gone and then "tuned" into the radio station to have it be a song with words that would totally be what my mom would be saying if she was sitting beside me able to verbalize out loud what she wanted to say.

Its been nice having her around to show these signs.

So just because I feel like it, and its been awhile. I will draw a winner for a FAMILY bypass reading from myself. All you have to do is comment in the post (and for those of you with gmail there is a similar thing to facebook that shows up, you can enter to win too). I will announce the winner on SUNDAY night. (which usually means monday to allow people until sunday night to post lol)

33 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope your first mother's day without your mom goes as well as it possibly can. The first holidays without the loved one are always the toughest :(

Sharon said...

I hope you have a nice Mothers Day Cheri - I know it will be tough being the first year without your mom.

Diva Loca said...

I'm thinking of you - it'll be tough this mother's day for sure.

Hang in there and hold your babies tight...

Unknown said...

Cheri -
I totally know how you are feeling. It has been two mothers days now that I havent been able to share them with my mom.. and its awful! Her oldest sister was just visiting.. and it was nice to see her, but on the other hand really hard because I would look over at her every now and then and see my mom. It broke my heart. I dont know how to ask my mom to come and visit me.. but I take comfort in seeing things like daffodils and lilacs... because I know that they were so special to her. A friend of mine even passed on her condolences that my mom wasnt here for mothers day... and i was truly touched... so i would like to pass on the same to you. I hope that you can continue to take comfort in the presence of your mom and that you can enjoy your mothers day with your family!
huggles
Danna

Kimberly said...

I lost my father a year ago last month. For an entire month after he died every time I would get sad in the car about him being gone, a particular song would come on the radio and I knew he was with me. He comes to me in my dreams too, and it is really nice. I'm glad that you are able to feel her presence and know she is there, it makes it a little easier (in my opinion). Hope your Mother's Day isn't too hard and you get through it ok.

Mandy said...

:( I'm sorry you're missing your mom. I actually think it would be harder for me to have my loved ones contact me after they pass. I'm more of someone who wants to move on. I'm glad though that it helps you heal a bit... I hope you can enjoy your mother's day with your own kiddos... your mom is there too anyway. :) Hugs to you...

Krystal said...

Hope your mother's day goes as well as it can. We lost my mother in law a couple years ago and we always miss those moments with her.

Lynn said...

Hey Cheri

I lost my Mom 7 years ago. Mothers day is still hard for me. Also to add, i am having a tough year going through a divorce and really going through an ordeal with my 15 year old son who out of pure frustration is saying the most hateful things to me. Believe me they hurt deep down. I have been feeling sad and say its just another day, i don't have my mom around so why bother, my kid couldn't care less his me (i know he's rebelling and all) But in all this chaos I my 8 year old daughter that is so ecstatic about mothers day, and that its coming soon. Everyday she's been saying "Happy Mothers day!" to me. It really brings a tear to my eyes and gets me out of my slump. She is my little joy for sure!

Lynn

Jill said...

You sound like a great mom and are making special memories for your kids. Having memories and the presence of your mom is an awesome gift. Happy Mother's Day!

trying1009 said...

I hope your mother's day is filled with love and laughter and wonderful memories of your mom. All the best....Cheers K♥

Jewels said...

It's so nice of your mom to give you those signs you asked for! She sounds like a jokester! I hope you have a GREAT mothers day, and your girls are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom!
I love those moments when you hear those songs that just 'speak' to you :)
- Julie

Deermax11 said...

Those are truly remarkable signs, how wonderful to still feel her around!!! I'm learning to develop my intuition and in our class we have had those kind of experiences. It's wonderful to see how people react to their loved ones' spirits signs and messages of love and closeness.

Patty D. said...

your in my thoughts Cheri and hope you have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day...

Anonymous said...

Cheri
I just wanted to say what a beautiful gift you have and I hope that your Mum continues to visit you often and to helps you heal.
I will be thinking of you on Sunday

Lorna

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a great Mother's Day! Hang in there as this will be a very hard year for you!
Sheri
sherigrubbs@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Cheri
I dont know exactly how you are feeling, but I guess is like an empty house. But you have a beautiful gift and your Mom will continues visit you every time you need it.

Aubrey said...

I'm sorry this weekend will be so difficult for you...but I understand.
I look for signs from my grandfather whenever I can. At his funeral, a dragonfly landed on the flowers from the grandchildren. Every now and then, I see one hovering around, and it comforts me.
I hope you continue to find the comfort from your mother while you need it most.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this; reading these posts helps me to keep my faith in an afterlife.

I hope Mother's Day isn't too hard on you and that you can think of your happy memories and smile. Hopefully your family spoils you a little too!

Danielle T

Anonymous said...

I feel you on this one. I remember that for awhile I was missing my Gramma, and I asked and asked for a few days that she gives me a sign that she was here with me, something I wouldnt confuse. And then one day, I had opened the garage so I could start cleaning it, and the garage door went DOWN. I was the only one there, and nowhere near the opener. So I said outloud "Gram if thats you, you can open the door back up" and I SWEAR TO YOU that it did go back up! Freaked me out a little, but I was so happy. It brings so much comfort though sometimes!!!

Jaclin said...

Hey Cheri, it will be ok! She is there with you and knows how much you miss her. The first one is always tough. This would have been my first true Mother's Day with my twins. So, I am too having a very hard time dealing with it. I somewhat understand what you are going though Cheri. I know my sons will be wishing me a Happy Mother's Day in their special way, just like your mom will be doing!

*I am the Veteran, and the Wife* said...

I had a dream with my grandmother last night, very weird, in it there was another spirit trying to make itself known also, by moving around an easel, very weird, and kind of spooked me, but my grandmother kept trying to tell me how she had breat cancer, but everything on the paperwork stated Melanoma, I never had a dream like that.. Happy Mother's day..

Babyglu2u said...

I would love to have someone contact me that way. Happy Mother's day to you.

Marijke said...

What a way for her to let you know she is around. :) I'll be thinking about you and other who are physically without their mothers tomorrow.

Mary said...

I wish I got signs like this from my grandparents. I had a dream once of my grandma but never of my grandpa. I thought I would forsure because I was his only grandchild. Its been over 10 years since they passed and he still hasnt come to me in a dream. Only came to my mom. Maybe tonight he will. Happy mothers day!

kate said...

I hope your Mother's Day is a happy one with your two girls. The first holiday after a parent passes is tough.

Susannah C said...

Cheri, you will never be alone, your mum will ALWAYS be with you.xxx

Unknown said...

Cheri,
I'm sorry that you are feeling sad. My husband lost his mother a few months ago and I know this day is hard for him. I am not a fan of Mother's Day because all I know of motherhood is a couple of miscarriages.

I'm glad you are able to connect with your mom. Hope you enjoy the day as best as you can.

Andrea B. said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Cheri,
Don't be sad. Your mom is still with you and I can tell from what she does to you that she loves you very much. Hang in there. Hope you had a great mother's day, regardless.

Amanda S.. said...

Late posting this, but I hope your girls and hubby gave you a great mothers day. Sounds reassuring for your mom to make contact around moms day telling you she will always be there

Alicia Johnson said...

Hey, I know it's late but I'm sorry your having a hard time this Mothers day. I understand. I lost a baby last Mothers day, now I'm worried that every year will be this hard. But Hopefully it gets better. I'll keep you in my prayers.

aj

Klynne said...

Hope u had a great mothers day with your children..it's so nice that you can still have a connection like that with your mother. Xoxo
Klynne

Unknown said...

i'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. mother's day is never the same. (i lost my mom 3 years ago) and neither is your birthday. i'm happy to hear that she's visiting you though. i've actually been doing the excersize of asking her to come visit me (like you suggested). it has worked a few times. i think i'll ask her again tonight. again, my condolences about your mom. (((hugs)))