Recent Posts

Monday, August 25, 2008

I am so excited and I just can't hide it.....

Well, got some exciting news...well for me anyways! After pestering my friend yet again for her amazing storey of her ups and downs with ttc (you will all love to hear her storey!) she told me that she was getting some software that you can speak and it types what you say.... can you believe that! I guess she has hurt her thumb and its hard for her to type, so she is waiting for the software to be up and running and then will send her storey along for everyone here.

Now here is the exciting part!! I spend literally, anywhere from 3-5 hours TYPING out the predictions, doing my replies, scheduling....etc... see where I am going here!!!! I just ordered this software yesterday and should be arriving tuesday. Now i have to get my sound card working first apparently, and my mom's husband is just the computer whiz to hopefully help me out!

I talked to my mom ages ago telling her how I wished there was a program out there that could do something like that, and most have not been thinking, as I never looked into it. I found out that people speak about 120 words per minute and the average person typing about 40 words per minute. Me, I am closer to 60 words per minute, but with spelling mistakes of course. I guess this program will be able to fix that for me too as it knows how to spell the words! lol.

So, by using this program to help type out my predictions, not only will this go faster for me, save my wrists and hands (they do get sore) but I can include alot more information as I can certainly talk faster than I speak!

So just keep an eye open, I will announce this on the blog when its up and running!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Cool! I didn't know there was anything out there like that. Well that would free some time up for you huh? Is it very expensive? I guess it would be well worth it! I think that's great!

Unknown said...

Cheri,

Is this what you got?
http://www.amazon.com/Nuance-Communications-Inc-A309A-G01-10-0-NaturallySpeaking/dp/B001B5J7T8/ref=pd_bbs_5?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1219718644&sr=8-5

They have $59.99 for the basic one and $179.99 on high-end ones.

So funny... My husband almost got it over the weekend because it was on sale.