Recent Posts

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Its not as easy as it looks.....

Well, I went to the lab on Friday, ended up having to take baby as she was awake, and wouldn't leave her with dh because I am breastfeeding so he would have nothing to feed her should she decide she was hungry. I waited 30 minutes at the lab for them to even see me (seems like alot of people there) and she asked if I had fasted for 4 hours. Ummm.. nope. At my dr appt on thursday when he told me to get the test done, I asked him if I needed to do anything like not eat or drink before hand and he told me NOPE! So needless to say they turned me away and told me to come back on Saturday ( I couldn't return later friday) So I get there right after I put baby down for a nap, I wait 10 minutes this time, let her know I haven't eaten yet and starving and she tells me that they can't do the test as they have already used up all their breath kits that morning!!!! Can you tell I was mad? She could lol. She explained that there was alot of people in that morning for the same thing and that they could not do it for me too and I would have to come back another day. She even had someone else come and explain that all I needed to do was fast for 4 hours and could come back another day. I explained I was breastfeeding, that I needed to eat, and the only time I could really do it was early in the morning. I left the lab really upset.

I now can not go until TUESDAY because they are closed on sunday and monday out here is a holiday. So today is like day 12 or such of having this "issue" and it hurts and seems to be getting worse. I actually went to the pharmacy to see if I could get anything at all that would be okay while breastfeeding. He gave me two things which are supposed to be safe while pregnant. They helped a bit, but also, the baby seemed to be burping and puking alot more (spitting up!) and I dont think that its good for her and wont take it anymore even if it did provide slight relief. So still have to go back on tuesday morning, as well as take my daughter to her first day of school! ITs going to be a busy morning. So wish me luck to hang in there and put up with this ache/pain for a bit longer, and hopefully its easier to solve than it has been to get the test!

For the ask jeni questions below, I have let her know that they are there, she will make her way to the blog and will respond right in the comments section for you. For those who emailed, I have already forwarded her the emails as well:)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Cheri

How very frustrating for you. I would be mad too. How can they be out of kits? My friend is going through the same kind of pain. She had bloodtests, ultrasounds, barium tests for upper GI, everything was negative. She still has pains. They don't know what it is. I think its stress as she is having relationship problems. She is going for another test next week barium enema how fun will that test be? lol! Anyway I hope you get answers soon and fast. And hope your feeling better soon!