Recent Posts

Monday, November 12, 2007

Blog contest as well as an update!

okay, lets start with the "boring" stuff. The update!

This weekend has been a bit slower for me. My sister (who has an EDD of November 18th) was admitted to the hospital on Thursday with what appeared to be severe kidney infection. They gave her antibiotics, and by Saturday night still no better. They said that she was 3cm dialated and the baby was at -3. Well they decided to increase her fluids in the IV to see if it would slow her contractions down (she was having them every 5 min) their reasoning was because if she had a kidney infection they did not want her to experience labor on top of the pain she already experienced.

Well it stopped the labor, and she spent from Thursday till sunday when they ruled out that there was no infection at all! we are thinking that the baby is on her kidneys or is some how affecting them. I snuck up to the hospital yesterday for a visit and also gave her the bottle of castor oil. She took 1 tbsp and NOTHING happened! Today they sent her home. She has asked to be induced, so is on the "waiting" list. The hospital did not have the room to induce her today. Shes still in severe pain, but figures being home is better than the hospital at this point. So its just a matter of time now before we find out when.! I am hoping not tomorrow as I have to work (today is a holiday) and I am the only one there, but I can always sneak out on Wed!!! lol

So with being a bit worried about my sister and on edge everytime the phone rang (I am an hours drive and want to arrive just before he comes out) I have not had as much time to focus on the emails, so please accept my apologies. I will be working extra hard tonight as well as the rest of the week. I am not too far behind, but will do my best to get to everyone asap.

Today is EXTREMELY windy, my cat is completely freaking out, the leaves are all coming flying off the trees and I plan on staying close to home!

Now on to the BLOG CONTEST! as mentioned below, I will post on mondays for the blog contest for the rest of November, and the winner will get a free 3 question reading by my "secret" psychic who will be revealed only to the winners, and at the end of November where anyone else is free to email her if your interested:)

Here is how todays will work.

By posting in the comments section, I want you to pick a number between 1 to 20. Only one choice per person please. Make sure that also in your post you include your login name & email address so we can identify who won. Later this afternoon/evening, I will announce in the comment section who is the winner. The way its done, is when everyone has left a comment with their number and info , I will ask my daughter to pick a number between 1 to 20 and who ever is closest to what she picks, wins. If there are multiple winners, i will put your name in a hat, and draw a name from that. (we can only have one winner each Monday)

EDITED TO UPDATE WITH WINNER INFORMATION!!!!!

okay guys!!! The lucky winner tonight is the one who guessed NUBMER 12!!!! I will be emailing you tonight with the email address of the woman your getting your prediction from!!! Congrats to WINTER C!!!Please remember ladies, there are still two other chances to win this chance to have the reading done for free. Check in again on MONDAY November 19th for your next chance!Thanks for participating and for all your best wishes for my sister. I will keep everyone updated!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, I love contests! How fun! My number is 14; my email is sltomes@gmail.com; my name is stacie

Candy218 said...

I enjoy picking numbers. How about 7. cablackwell218@hotmail.com, my name is Candy : )

Chele said...

Sounds like fun! I pick #9 and my email is rcdj9192@yahoo.com and my name is Chele.

+++ vibes that your sister will hang in there until your weather is better and you can easily get away from work. I look forward to the update!

Tanylisa said...

Hey this sounds like fun :D hmmm..I'll go with 9 tanylisa@gmail.com, name is Tanya

Lynn said...

Cool contest. Ok my number is 17. Email is petuniatiger@yahoo.ca and I'm Lynn.

Hope your sister has a smooth delivery and everyone is okay.

Anonymous said...

I say 4
login name Laurie
laurieturpin@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out alright for your sister, adn that she has an easy labor with a healthy baby soon!

Anonymous said...

I choose the number 2 :) I've got a few good questions to ask your secret psychic. I'm excited!
aprilfool_18@hotmail.com
Jamie

texi said...

NUMBER 3!! and best wishes on the birth of your nephew!
my name is joy, and my email is texicaligirl@gmail.com.

thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Gonna send good thought for your sis.... Hope everything turns out for the best..And I pick # 1....

Silverfairy_18@yahoo.com

my name is Lici

christineh said...

I pick #5. I hope your sister gets to have that baby soon!
christine_hayes@iinet.net.au

Anonymous said...

I love contests! I pick #15

sillysweetpeanut@gmail.com

Amanda

Winter said...

I will pick number 12! :)
winter, winc.inc@gmail.com
How cool!!

We're having bad wind here too, and a HUGE rainstorm, but it was only for an hour then it was sunny. :)

dragondreamer said...

Well, due to computer issues I misse dthe contest, lol! BUT I wante dto stop in and say that I hopeyour sister is feeling better and that everything (work, weather, etc) works out so that you can be there for her when you want to get there.

Trixie213 said...

This is great! I pick number 10! My name is Tracy & email is atfrost@pie.midco.net

Hope all goes well with your sister and things are good with you!

TouchMySoul said...

My number is 11. My e-mail is soulphilosofer@yahoo.com. My name is Eileah. I'm sending good vibes to your sis!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope that your sis gets induced soon. I can't imagine what a kidney infection must be like! I've had kidney stones before and that was NO FUN!!! lol...

I pick # 19...

Regina.Collins@gmail.com

Cheri22 said...

okay guys!!! The lucky winner tonight is NUBMER 12!!!!

I will be emailing you tonight with the email address of the woman your getting your prediction from!!! Congrats to WINTER C

Please remember ladies, there are still two other chances to win this chance to have the reading done for free. Check in again on MONDAY November 19th for your next chance!
Thanks for participating and all your best wishes for my sister. I will keep everyone updated!

Lynn said...

Congrats to Winter!