Recent Posts

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sometimes time is all we have

I did a reading with someone the other day named Leeanna. She really wanted to connect with her father who had passed over. He unfortunetly suffered from an illness that eventually took his life.

Sometimes we wish if death is meant to be for a loved one, that it be quick and painless. That no one is left to suffer and wait for the coundown of their lives. Othertimes, we hope that we know soon enough, so that we may say our goodbyes. Say the things that have always been left unsaid, to reach out and remember.

Regardless of how much we do or do not have in our lives with our loved ones, cherish the time you have, make new memories and always tell them how much you love them.

Here is Leeann's storey.

In regards to my dad (deep breath) he is everything you explained him to be. I can not express how much my family and I miss him. When my father fell ill initially, my family and I had no clue what non-hodgkins lymphoma consisted of. We were tramatized to say the least. I was about to study abroad in Florence, and decided to move back home from Manhattan, cancel my abroad plans, and take a little bit of time off from school. Although, my father lived six years after his diagnosis..I am so glad I did what I did. My siblings are all married with children, so I was able to do extra-special things, i.e.: when he was very ill the last year or so, every morning after my mother woke up to make him breakfast, I would hop into bed with him and hug him from behind...he would put his arm over mine, grab my hand, and just hold it and kiss it and tell me things from his heart and I would do the same. Sometimes I would lay in his lap as if I were 5 and he would rub my head and he would tell me how much he loved me. When he was hospitalized I took a leave of absence from work to stay with him and my mother in the hospital...and on the nights he was feeling better, we would eat pastries or something he would enjoy, watch poker, and giggle. (FYI: my ex, David and my father were very close, my father called him son and undoubtedly treated and loved him like one...and David the same. We both chose to live at my parents house, rather than the one we bought 2 1/2 years ago to be with my father as much as possible.) Well, with all my babbling maybe there is a lesson I can teach...my fathers sickenss, suffering, and death taught me that you must always do what is in your heart. School will always be there, a job is just a job at the end of the day...and is replacable. Spending every moment with the ones you love, whether sick or not is what makes life worth living. I have extremely fond memories of my father from the age of 3, but when I think of him I tend to think of the laughter we shared in the last 2 years...the years that I changed my direction to be with him...I contemplated taking a leave of absence from work because I did not think it was the responsible thing for me to do...when I think back now, I think "thank goodness." I can not express enough how TIME is what matters most and nothing is ever more important than the time with our spouses, our children, our parents, and our friends that are family.

0 comments: