Recent Posts

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Astral Projection.....


I am sure that most of you have heard of astral projection and sure that many of you have also experienced this. I haven't myself as when younger read too many Christopher Pike books that had a storey on this and freaked me out! When I am doing a reading for someone, I can often see their surroundings especially when its live. Knowing if someones in the room with them, knowing how their living room is laid out, where the computer is, a hint of colors being light or dark. I do not do this unless specifically directed to by either the person asking for the reading, or if something about the room is important, or the person is willing. No, I do not peek on you while your in the shower or sitting at the computer in your underwear! lol.


I know a few people that I have talked to recently online that have had such vivid experiences in regards to what they know of the "other side' or such strong connections to people who have passed over, that I swear they are actually visiting "home" and just do not realize it:) I know that Sylvia Browne has mentioned this in her books as well.


I located a site that I thought some might be interested in if your wanting to try astral projection. I think that its something that is safe and some might find to be fun, and open up a whole "new world". I have copied/pasted the information here to make it easier, but also provided the link below in case someone wanted to visit the site directly. If anyone has experienced this and would like to share a storey/experience, I would love to hear it! Either post in the comments section or even email me at cheri22@gmail.com with "astral projection" in the subject line so it can be located easier.
In astral projection the conscious mind leaves the physical body and moves into the astral body. The astral body is one of our subtle bodies.

Some people can astral project naturally. Others are afraid to leave the physical body and never are able to astral project. An alternative approach is remote viewing.

In astral projection you remain attached to your physical body by a silver "umbilical type" cord. Some people see the cord and others do not.

You are aware of things you encounter along the way while out of your body.
To astral project, as with all out-of-body experiences - one must feel totally relaxed, clothing fitting comfortable, reclining is best. Often a comforter is best over the body as the physical body sometimes gets cold when you travel out.
ONE METHOD
Find a quiet place . . . free of distractions. . .
Adjust the lighting and room temperature. . .
Adjust clothing . . . footwear . . . eyeglasses.
Sit down or lie down . . .Find a position that is comfortable for you . . .
Quiet your mind . . . Still your thoughts . . .
Relax your body. . .Your face . . . your jaw . . . relaxing . . .Your shoulders . . . your neck . . . relaxed Your arms . . . your hands . . . feel at peace . . .Your torso . . . your hips . . . letting go . . .Your legs . . . your feet . . . totally relaxed . . .
Focus on your breathing . . .Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose . . .Retain the breath as long as is comfortable . . .Exhale through the mouth slowly and completely . . .Repeat for two more breaths . . . or as is comfortable.
Let go of the fear of leaving your physical body.Remember you astral project when you sleep.
See yourself floating away from your physical body.You may feel as release or perhaps hear a sound as you leave.
If you get fearful, please stop as you are not ready for astral projection. Anything done in metaphysics should feel comfortable and easy. If it is stressful, let it go for now, as you are not ready.
There are other ways posted on this site if the first one does not feel right for you

2 comments:

brooke777 said...

Cheri,reading your piece on astral projection, it triggered my memories of one I experienced eight years ago. At the time, I wasn't sure what it was that had happened. I may not remember everything I felt physically or mentally but I'll do my best to recall the experience.
One afternoon I was overcome with fatigue and felt it necessary to take a nap. Seemed like just a couple minutes after I fell asleep, that I heard what sounded like a gust of wind in my ears, almost like a "howling". Then I could "feel" the wind. The next thing I know I'm floating up towards the ceiling,which at the time was one of the "popcorn" type ceilings. I was right up under it, just a few inches away! And I was floating there. Then I realized that I could change directions just by using my mind! It felt like I was swimming under water, and I'd go back and forth at will just by thinking where I wanted to be. I remember thinking, when I was in this state,'This must be what it feels like when you pass over!' The next thing I know I begin to "return to my body" and this was accompanied by a loud "WHOOOSH!" And a suction-like senseation that's really hard to describe. I remember being "jolted" awake with my heart beating so hard it felt like it would jump out of my chest!
"WTF" was that???" I was thinking.
I've heard of astral projection before but wasn't sure if that's what it was, until I read up on it more. Since then, it happened two or three more times, but years ago.
I don't know if it will happen again,but if it does, I'd rather go someplace more scenic than my ceiling!
Happy traveling everyone!
-Brooke

Anonymous said...

I have been experiencing what I believe is astral projection but I am not really sure.

"It" usually occurs after I have fallen back asleep for a second time that night (I'll go to bed at around 11PM - get up at around 3AM, go back to sleep at around 4AM). I don't know if I am dreaming or if I am awake but I suddenly would feel afraid, almost paralyzed. I then can hear and feel a weird vibration/humming sound. I can hear a loud wind gusting in my ears, almost like driving down the highway with all the car windows down. It keeps getting louder and louder (the wind and vibration/humming noise) until it just becomes quiet - like the car windows were rolled back up and the noise is gone. I don't ever recall leaving my body or what happens before I start getting that feeling with the wind and vibration.
I don't really know if this is considered astral projection but I hope there is an explantion.

Thanks for letting me share!
Keisha W.