Recent Posts

Friday, July 18, 2008

A word to the wise...




when you in a hurry to leave the house, and you have your one daughter near the car, and the other one in the car seat on the outside of the door with you, ensure that the car seat is far enough away that you don't almost trip over her and send yourself flying! I put the car seat down, turned around for the door, started it to swing shut and took a slight step back. The car seat was too close, I almost tripped, and certainly did not want to land on the baby so grabbed a hold of the door frame to steady myself, just as the door came slamming down on my hand! I got the part a little bit below the nail on three fingers, instant bruise! I am pretty sure that they are not broken, but are bruised and very sensitive at the top (underneath is fine and I can bend them no problem!) So as long as I don't bump them against anything I should be okay, but what a dumb move! So note to self, move baby car seat AWAY from the door to avoid an instant repeat!




On another note, Ruby has said that I can continue giving away her readings for free, like I do for Brooke777, so I think that starting this Thursday I will start alternating the weeks, one week Brooke, one week Ruby. So keep your eyes open for the next blog contest!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Cheri!

Glad your okay! Seems like we all do those sorts of things when were in a rush. I'm sure I've mangled myself up many a time just trying to get out the door.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh Cheri! LOL I don't mean to laugh but I so know all about this.. even though I only have ONE child LOL Yikes! Glad your ok.. Seems since I had JJ I'm so much more clumsy.. whats that all about? Before I had all my stuff together.. and was on top of things.. now, I'm constantly forgetting things! One day I even forgot to bring the diaper bag and had to buy supplies for the outing... money that didn't need to be spent.. had I remembered the diaper bag LOL Ahhh such is life with a beautiful baby!