Recent Posts

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good things happen to good people

I am sure that I can go on and on about this topic, but will try and keep it medium sized as to not to take up all of your day listening to my ramblings.

I was thinking today about how sometimes things unexpectantly happen, and you really are not sure how to react. Let me give you an example. My daughters and I were on the way to the city to head to a birthday party. We decided to go through the drive through of Tim Hortons. I ordered my daughter her 5 timbit dark chocolate donuts, I ordered the flavor of the month, we both got drinks and also a water. I pulled up to the part where you pay, he told me the wrong price, and I let him know that it was not my order (mine came to 5 something and he told me 3! lol). I then got the water, the one drink, my donut, and was still missing the other drink and my daughters donuts. He seemed a bit flustered and tried to hand me a yoghurt. I let him know it was not mine, and he asked me what I was missing. I explained about the timbits, and the apple juice. He handed me the timbit box and apple juice and we were on our way. I pull out of the drive way and into the traffic, and start opening my bag with my donut, only to realize that they had put my daughters timbits into my bag! So what was in the box you ask? Well more timbits that we did not order and obviously did not pay. So, here is when things seem to be questioned. Do you go back to the store, and let them know the mistake and give back the donuts you got for free? Or do you keep them as a "gift". And I am not talking a gift from Tim Hortons, but perhaps from "someone else". Hopefully that makes sense.

In this "storey" I really feel that it depends on the situation. If you were asking for a "sign" from someone, or perhaps were wishing something good would happen to you, or such, then I would accept this as a gift or a sign and go along with it. I think that you will also know deep down if its something from someone as you will feel a connection to it.

In regards to other things, again, I really feel that it depends on the situation and what you were thinking or wishing for. If you were really needing money and you happen to find a big stash of it on the ground, perhaps this again is "gift". In this situation I would perhaps also try to find out who the owner was, but would also 'accept" it if the owner was not located.

I am a very nice person and I truely enjoy doing things for other people. Seeing someones face after you have done something for them, is for me, thanks enough. For me, doing the readings for people is something that I really enjoy. I love being able to help people, to offer the support and understanding, the hope and joy, I love to share in this experience with them as well.

I believe that if you are true to yourself, and are "good" towards others as well in your life, things will have a way of balancing out and coming for you as well. I do not do good just to get good in return, but I do truely believe that you should treat others and you want to be treated...

0 comments: