Recent Posts

Sunday, July 27, 2008

I miss my little girl :(

Well, my 5 year old daughter was invited to spend the weekend with my sister and her family camping from Friday to Monday. Its about a 5 hour drive from my house, to a place that I had gone with my family since we were kids. A great opportunity for my daughter as she loves camping and she loves my sister! I wouldn't be able to take her as I certainly do not want to go camping with a newborn !lol.

Well, the hard part for me was her being away for so long. The longest in her entire life, shes been gone is one night.. that's it. So for her being gone this long is really hard on me, and hoping that its not bothering her one bit. I think had she gone with anyone else, she probably would have demanded to come home, but I know shes with my sister and always has a good time with them so I am sure that shes not too homesick.

I tried calling my sisters cell phone to talk to my daughter and say that I love her, but the cell was off, and I don't think that they get good reception up there :( So here I am Sunday morning and really missing her like crazy, feeling slightly lonely as shes my little buddy lol. Can't wait for tomorrow!

I am going to try and get a pedicure done today. I haven't done that in like EVER and so need it! I am just hopping that baby co-operates. For some reason the last little bit, she ONLY wants me. Someone else will try and hold her and she will start to fuss at first, then start to cry and as soon as they hand her back to me, she stops. Last night, MIL was here for a small bit, held her and within 2 minutes she started crying. She hands her back and she stops within seconds. MIL insists its the breastfeeding pillow that I had baby resting on my lap on, but I really don't think that is it. I know that when they get older, they go through separation anxiety, but I never had this happen at this age (9 weeks tomorrow) with my first daughter? Anyone experience this before, or have any idea on what I can do so she will go to other people as well?

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Is it "the" mother-in-law your talking about? Maybe Carmen senses bad vibes when being held by her(!!). I agree the separation anxiety doesn't really start until they are about 8 or 9 months. AndI hope your older daughter is having a good time, I know how hard that must be on you. Hang in there!