Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hello to you all!


Well we are back from our family time. We headed up to the cabin my uncle owns, its about a 4.5 hour drive from our house. Its a LONG drive to do with a 1 year old in the car. She slept for the first 2 hours of the ride which was good, and was fairly good for the next hour, but it was the last 1 hour that she was fussy and the only way she was happy is if I was singing the ABC song!! Don't ask me how many times I had to sing that song to keep her happy!

We had a good time, some friends came up with us as well as the in laws. Lots of fishing for trout, I didn't bother. I did alot as a child (fishing) but as I have gotten older, just not as interested. Not sure why, but I am happy that its something that my husband is excited to do as he has our eldest interested. During her kindergarten graduation she said when she grows up she wants to be a "Fisher Girl"! Certainly made daddy proud!

I tried two new salads that a friend of the family made while there. We have gone the last three years in a row for a few nights each time. The last two times, I have gone grocery shopping for EVERYONE, picked up everything we needed, planned the meals, and then paid for it all and having to collect money from everyone. It was a PAIN! Not to mention now with having the baby, grocery shopping is NOT easy. She does not like to be in the buggy for a long period of time, which makes it so that I have to ask my Mother in law to come along, and then we end up buying WAY TOO MUCH food for the trip. She usually insists we need to bring more than I think, and then tells everyone she had nothing to do with it, and was just pushing the buggy and it was all me. (she drives me nuts sometimes! lol)

Anyways, this year, I actually told everyone that based on the amount of people that we had coming, that everyone would be responsible for TWO MEALS. I sent an email to everyone and told them to pick which meals they were doing, and what they were making. This way everyone knew what was for the meal during that day, who was cooking it (last time I ended up cooking almost everything and did not want a repeat of that). Best of all, I did not have to go grocery shopping for everyone, I did not have to pay for it, and ask people to pay me back, and I only had to cook two meals! (I had lunch and a breakfast! lol)

Anyways, I am usually a very picky eater. I am trying to get better so that the kids see that they should try things and might like it. Our friend made this salad with feta, pickles, mayo, garlic, lettuce, and something else. She threw alot of stuff in there and said it was some sort of polish recipe? or was it her polish friend sent it to her? Gosh I have no idea. I actually ate two BOWLS full of this stuff and would have been more than happy to eat all of the salad she made! I emailed her last night in the hopes shes going to send me a copy of the recipe. I will gladly post it for those of you interested in trying something new and very YUMMY!

I am hoping to get everything together for answering the spirit guide post in the next day or so, and then will post a way to try and "meditate" and connect better with your guides for those of you who had trouble, or those who wish to try an other way.

I am going to also try and find a date, that we can all get online together that will hopefully work with everyone. I am sure that a weekend would be best so that people are not at work, thinking a Saturday night would be best? (that means those of you in Europe should have it Sunday during the day?)

2 comments:

Lisa Storm said...

Glad you had a great time away hun.
Lisa xxx

Diana said...

That was a great way to split up the meals!!