Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vitamins and conceiving!

I know in quite a few readings, a "weird" word pops up, and I pass the information along. Most times I try and google what the heck they are telling me as it sounds silly. One time they told me "black cobash" or something like that, and I had to google it. I got a hit to what it really linked to and new I had an extra letter in there. Other times I have been pointed to what the pill or supplement looks like, or what your need to eat more of or even avoid. I always try and pass any of that information along. I know during reiki sessions things like this come up alot more frequently. Its usually when I am looking specifically to why someone is having a hard time conceiving that things like this come up.

Today I actually told someone to take more zinc, and someone else to avoid things like "tea". Turns out the woman I told to avoid tea or things like it, confirmed shes a MASSIVE coffee drinker. (in her words)

So today I had to google what the "heck" zinc had to do with trying to conceive, and look at what i found!!!
here

Zinc Zinc is the most widely studied nutrient in terms of fertility for both men and women. It is an essential component of genetic material and a zinc deficiency can cause chromosome changes in either you or our partner, leading to reduced fertility and an increased risk of miscarriage. Zinc is necessary for your body to 'attract and hold' (utilise efficiently) the reproductive hormones, oestrogen and progesterone. And it's equally important for your partner: zinc is found in high concentrations in the sperm. Zinc is needed to make the outer layer and tail of the sperm and is, therefore, essential for the health of your partner's sperm and, subsequently, your baby. Interestingly, several studies have also shown that reducing zinc in a man's diet will also reduce his sperm count.Just thought I would pass this on to everyone as I think its great to look into if your having delays with trying to conceive!

0 comments: